Home

NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #137
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

Here's the link to my sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html please leave feedback and a good rating of you enjoy them.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #138
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Great slider set yet I still felt the ai cheated. No knock to your set. Which is great.

However, call me crazy, I just had a thought. What is tuner Sept 28 is 1.00, and Latest, is Sept 30. Which was brutal

I am playing a game now with the tuner set at 1.00. And I am not about to throw my controller at the cheating ai.

Can someone else that is having single player issues give this a go and see if 1.00 and latest are not the same.

Feels better for me but may be placebo effect. Not perfect, but better

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 10-04-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:24 PM   #139
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Great slider set yet I still felt the ai cheated. No knock to your set. Which is great.

However, call me crazy, I just had a thought. What is tuner Sept 28 is 1.00, and Latest, is Sept 30. Which was brutal

I am playing a game now with the tuner set at 1.00. And I am not about to throw my controller at the cheating ai.

Can someone else that is having single player issues give this a go and see if 1.00 and latest are not the same.

Feels better for me but may be placebo effect. Not perfect, but better
Not sure on that lol but I did feel that the Latest and v100 were slightly different but as I said before who knows its probably just randomness .

And as far a Clarkies sliders go even if the ai cheats a little rears it head do to strategy changes as you said its still 100% adjustable and my player doesnt feel blocked out, slow or non responsive and I like having real interaction .

A cool thing I noticed with his was with TOA as one game I was down 3-0 but had almost a 2 to 1 advantage in toa with advantage in shot totals and then the next I was up 3-1 and the TOA was even and the cpu also outshot me 30 to 21 .
So what Im saying is the AI and the strategy adjusts pretty realistically for a hockey video game depending on the situation because when they were up big they protected a lead and when behind they got aggressive and took more chances on the forecheck and it all unfolded very naturally and not just with boosts or lack of control as the advantage .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-05-2015 at 12:43 AM. Reason: add on
Old 10-05-2015, 12:09 AM   #140
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I do feel like the AI cheats a bit, especially on lose pucks, they always come out on top if it's a 50/50 situation, and they're amazing on rebounds in front of their goal and your own.

That being said, the outrage over the poke check penalties is incredibly mind boggling. I take about 2 penalties a game with the new system, sometimes 3. The computer also takes 1 or 2 every game. It's so refreshing, and I haven't made a penalty yet where I felt like I was cheated.

Do people really just spam the poke check button 24/7 to play defense?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm more mad about the lack of varieties in penalties I saw after that tuner, it seemed like only tripping was called....and also the cpu was devoid of using any actual hockey strategy and were like robots....playing the game with the default tuner is like night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #142
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Did they fix the lack of neutral and defensive zone pressure? Can you still just skate in and take a slap shot? Deal breaker for me.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #143
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Very odd. I'm using the default out of the box tuner and tweaked sliders. When I played my first game I had 5 PPs and the CPU had 6 PPs. then my next 4 games I saw 1 PP each game and the CPU 2 or 3. So I reset sliders to default tweaked them to where I had them, played a game and BOOM, I had 5 PPs and the CPU had 4PPs. next 2 games 1 PP for me in 2 games and 2 PPs for CPU in each game. So....I did the reset slider thing again and I had penalties called. Seems I need to reset the sliders and tweak them before every game.

This does not make a whole lot of sense but so much with this game and its tuners and sliders do not make sense and I have tested this several times and it works. Weird stuff
Old 10-05-2015, 12:43 PM   #144
Rookie

Everything they advertised with the stick to stick collision is gone now.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »