Home

NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Did they fix the lack of neutral and defensive zone pressure? Can you still just skate in and take a slap shot? Deal breaker for me.
not fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 05:05 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Very odd. I'm using the default out of the box tuner and tweaked sliders. When I played my first game I had 5 PPs and the CPU had 6 PPs. then my next 4 games I saw 1 PP each game and the CPU 2 or 3. So I reset sliders to default tweaked them to where I had them, played a game and BOOM, I had 5 PPs and the CPU had 4PPs. next 2 games 1 PP for me in 2 games and 2 PPs for CPU in each game. So....I did the reset slider thing again and I had penalties called. Seems I need to reset the sliders and tweak them before every game.

This does not make a whole lot of sense but so much with this game and its tuners and sliders do not make sense and I have tested this several times and it works. Weird stuff
Can you please confirm if you change settings in the main menu or right after team selection?
Old 10-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #147
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Just deleted all my stuff. Couldn't take it anymore. Final straw was when I ripped a slap shot from the blue line. Goalie made a nice save, rebound was free, I stick lifted the defended, my icon lit up as I had the puck, then with no animation, he had the puck, and with 2 men on him, proceeded to sent a backhand pass about 100 miles per hour to his waiting center at the red line that hit his tape beautifully, and mind you, the puck traveled through my defensemen on the way.

So their center gets it, stops, side steps, stops, stops, side steps, avoids a check at center ice by just side stepping me, then reads my controller that I'm now going to poke check him, so he turns, half falls, draws a penalty, but side steps once more and has a lane, yup, through everyone and back on the net.

I don't care he scored, but the back hand 100 foot pass, the side stepping in the neutral zone, the turning to avoid hits, the avoidance of poke checks, then knowing here it comes, yup, doop do doo, and score.

Rant over, but I deleted everything. Played on Pro Default. Won 2-1. Shots were even, pucks were loose, time of possession was even, passing was 66 percent them 61 percent me. Post tuner with passing slider at 0 the AI is never under 80 in my games.

I was actually able to clear pucks without the AI catching ripped slap dumps to get out of the zone on the pk.

Saw deflected shots, shots out of play, I and they could dump the puck and there were board battles for it. Holy hell what a fun game I just played. Too bad I had to delete my season that was 28 games in. Hoping they fix this soon.

One thing, anyone else find that AI is very quick to poke check at the exact time you press up on the shoot stick? Even pre tuner. I have a guy beat, press up, he poke checks me. I try to float one in from a bad angle, the second I press up, they poke check it. Wears me out.

Anyway, FUN game I just played after deleting everying. Very very fun
Old 10-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 0

is pro better with maybe cpu difficulty turned up a few clicks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2015, 08:52 PM   #149
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrishRangers78
is pro better with maybe cpu difficulty turned up a few clicks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to play on Pro in playoff mode on Last gen to avoid the tilted ice boosts and cheats and it worked great but no penalties on that level for me but this year it seems penalties have more depth at least stick penalties.

On a side note after the 9/28 tuner updates I noticed alot of the traits from past NHL games that I didnt care and like most offliners I tried many different sliders that just didnt meet my needs so I pulled out my old sliders from last gen NHL 13 and 14.
And after a few games Im pretty satisfied as they were designed to keep the game playing honest while lessening boost and non responsiveness as the advantage and hopefully after I tweak the goalies Ill be good to go again .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-05-2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: add on
Old 10-06-2015, 01:46 AM   #150
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Raising the Puck control slider to 5 now, has really helped with my enjoymet of this years game. Lots of loose pucks and unpredictable gameplay with that one slider adjustment.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #151
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Did they fix the lack of neutral and defensive zone pressure? Can you still just skate in and take a slap shot? Deal breaker for me.
Tennis hockey is still in the game, unfortunately. Absolutely ZERO pressure, and no chippy battles for the puck happening between the blue lines.

Back and forth. Back and forth. North and south. North and south.

Boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #152
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Just deleted all my stuff. Couldn't take it anymore. Final straw was when I ripped a slap shot from the blue line. Goalie made a nice save, rebound was free, I stick lifted the defended, my icon lit up as I had the puck, then with no animation, he had the puck, and with 2 men on him, proceeded to sent a backhand pass about 100 miles per hour to his waiting center at the red line that hit his tape beautifully, and mind you, the puck traveled through my defensemen on the way.

So their center gets it, stops, side steps, stops, stops, side steps, avoids a check at center ice by just side stepping me, then reads my controller that I'm now going to poke check him, so he turns, half falls, draws a penalty, but side steps once more and has a lane, yup, through everyone and back on the net.

I don't care he scored, but the back hand 100 foot pass, the side stepping in the neutral zone, the turning to avoid hits, the avoidance of poke checks, then knowing here it comes, yup, doop do doo, and score.

Rant over, but I deleted everything. Played on Pro Default. Won 2-1. Shots were even, pucks were loose, time of possession was even, passing was 66 percent them 61 percent me. Post tuner with passing slider at 0 the AI is never under 80 in my games.

I was actually able to clear pucks without the AI catching ripped slap dumps to get out of the zone on the pk.

Saw deflected shots, shots out of play, I and they could dump the puck and there were board battles for it. Holy hell what a fun game I just played. Too bad I had to delete my season that was 28 games in. Hoping they fix this soon.

One thing, anyone else find that AI is very quick to poke check at the exact time you press up on the shoot stick? Even pre tuner. I have a guy beat, press up, he poke checks me. I try to float one in from a bad angle, the second I press up, they poke check it. Wears me out.

Anyway, FUN game I just played after deleting everying. Very very fun
Guys catching hand-shattering slap shots out of the zone drop me insane.
Yeah, I get that Duncan Keith is tough, and a skilled defenseman...but he just plucked an 80mph slapshot out of the air like he's Mr. Miyagi.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »