Home

NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
isn't the 1.00 tuner the same as the one if you re install the game???
I have read on these forums that the 1.00 is not the original. I personally did some testing and didn't see a difference. I then deleted my nhl 16 profile from my ps4 and now the game is great again.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #170
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this since EA does things and explains them very poorly. When the game is brand new the tuner is 1.00. You have the option of 1.00 and latest right out of the box. They are one in the same. The reason for two choices is because in the past EA would release tuner updates that would be 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, etc...for some reason beyond reason they don't anymore. So it goes like this:

September 11 tuner update overwrites out of box tuner still 1.00 and latest still one in the same

September 14 tuner update overwrites September 11 tuner still 1.00 and latest still one in the same

September 28 tuner update overwrites September 14 tuner update still 1.00 and latest still one in the same

September 30 tuner update overwrites September 28 tuner update still 1.00 and latest still one in the same.

You cannot go back to any previous tuner, sadly and inexplicable, other than out of the box. You can only go back to out of the box tuner on PS4 without wiping out all of your saved files and the minute you go online or click on HUT you will get the latest tuner again. Hope this helps clear things up because as usual EA has gone ghost.

Last edited by jake19ny; 10-09-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:10 PM   #171
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

I Played the heck out of this tuner and I made a huge mistake of trying to control/eliminate momentum/tilted Ice in this game instead of adjusting to it and trying to play better .
Since then I took my lumps but Im now finally having decent games on near allstar default win or lose .

Im not a slider guy but I do know if you change one key slider it makes the whole game change and not always in a good way and though its not better than the pre 9/28 its still fun playing and I do welcome a challenge .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #172
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
There seems to be a lot of confusion on this since EA does things and explains them very poorly. When the game is brand new the tuner is 1.00. You have the option of 1.00 and latest right out of the box. They are one in the same. The reason for two choices is because in the past EA would release tuner updates that would be 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, etc...for some reason beyond reason they don't anymore. So it goes like this:

September 11 tuner update overwrites out of box tuner still 1.00 and latest still one in the same

September 14 tuner update overwrites September 11 tuner still 1.00 and latest still one in the same

September 28 tuner update overwrites September 14 tuner update still 1.00 and latest still one in the same

September 30 tuner update overwrites September 28 tuner update still 1.00 and latest still one in the same.

You cannot go back to any previous tuner, sadly and inexplicable, other than out of the box. You can only go back to out of the box tuner on PS4 without wiping out all of your saved files and the minute you go online or click on HUT you will get the latest tuner again. Hope this helps clear things up because as usual EA has gone ghost.
While your post is somewhat clear..are you not contradicting yourself in your last paragraph?
How can you go back to the out of box tuner without wiping your files?
Surely you have to delete your profile to get the original tuner?
Old 10-09-2015, 07:23 PM   #173
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
While your post is somewhat clear..are you not contradicting yourself in your last paragraph?
How can you go back to the out of box tuner without wiping your files?
Surely you have to delete your profile to get the original tuner?
On PS4 you can delete just the user profile which wipes out the settings, your favorite team, and the tuner updates so your back to default out of box tuner. You can keep your rosters and seasons. From what I'm told by xbox users you cannot do that you have to delete everything.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:20 AM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 2

Finally got round to trying the newest tuner yesterday, had nothing to lose; it was a fresh install, and I'm genuinely amazed at how poor it made the offline out of the box game play.

The game speed was all to pot and ignored at will, animation transitions seem to be skipped when the CPU was magically attracting the puck to themselves and the goalscoring was a joke. Absolutely terrible. Deleted everything on Xbox One and reinstalled. It did keep my user preferences curiously enough, synced those up from the cloud I'd assume.

What a disaster of a tuner. It made reasonably fluid gameplay into a choppy mess.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:03 AM   #175
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Gotta say, every day now i'm hoping to see gameplay tuner (1.04) has been installed. For me, tuners give at least hope of something better. Hopefully the tuner well hasn't gone dry already. That's a lot of hoping!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #176
MVP

OVR: 15

wont get another one I don't think unless online gamers complain.
ea doesn't give two craps about the offline gamers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »