Home

NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #33
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: September 28th Tuner Thread

So I just picked the game up yesterday (9/28) and forced the tuner update around 3 pm eastern time. The title of this thread seems to have changed from 9/29 to 9/28 so that's a bit confusing...

1. It sounds like there have been two post release tuners, a 'good' one for offline and then the most recent one which seems to have a negative review for offline play. Is that the case?

2. If I am strictly offline would I be better off deleting and reinstalling, i.e. go back to out of box?
Old 09-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
So I just picked the game up yesterday (9/28) and forced the tuner update around 3 pm eastern time. The title of this thread seems to have changed from 9/29 to 9/28 so that's a bit confusing...

1. It sounds like there have been two post release tuners, a 'good' one for offline and then the most recent one which seems to have a negative review for offline play. Is that the case?

2. If I am strictly offline would I be better off deleting and reinstalling, i.e. go back to out of box?

To add, I'm not sure if Playstation Plus is required for any tuners. I don't have it as I never play anything online, so if it is then I think I still have the 'out of the box' tuner.

I played about 8 hours worth of BAP and was not happy (now I remember why I skipped '15) so I am thinking about starting Be a GM later tonight. However, I would like to stick to the same tuner throughout my Franchise and not have to worry about auto tuner updates.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #35
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:

Unfortunately out of the box tuner was not very good. They released a tuner that did make offline very good IMO but have now released one that messed up the offline a little bit. The tuners overwrite each other so we cannot go back. I expect EA will correct this because of the abundance of negativity surrounding this tuner however we could use more of the constructive input that was asked for by the mod who initiated this thread in order to help them do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #36
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Unfortunately out of the box tuner was not very good. They released a tuner that did make offline very good IMO but have now released one that messed up the offline a little bit. The tuners overwrite each other so we cannot go back. I expect EA will correct this because of the abundance of negativity surrounding this tuner however we could use more of the constructive input that was asked for by the mod who initiated this thread in order to help them do that.
Thanks Jake. When was the second tuner released, i.e. which one do you think I got on 9/28 at 3 pm eastern?

I can't wait to go home and play and provide some feedback...
Old 09-29-2015, 05:36 PM   #37
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Thanks Jake. When was the second tuner released, i.e. which one do you think I got on 9/28 at 3 pm eastern?

I wish I could answer that with 100% accuracy but I can't. I would think you have the latest because I played yesterday afternoon Eastern time and downloaded then, just don't remember the time.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:06 PM   #38
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Finally ready to post mine:

5 games online, 4 in HUT, 1 In EASHL drop in.

I love it. I can't say enough how FANTASTIC the knowledge of not dealing with poke check spammers. I took some penalties, but by the end I was under control and knew if I was within stick length away from the opponents body, I use stick lift. If I'm last that, poke. If I'm behind - take a good angle instead of chasing.

I can't say enough how much more strategic this tuner made the game for me. Knowing I can't rely on the poke check to bail me out of a bad defensive play is phenomenal.

Plan on trying out off line this week, but so far I'm in love.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-29-2015, 08:13 PM   #39
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

There was one tonight when I got home from work. So, two tuners in two days.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #40
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
There was one tonight when I got home from work. So, two tuners in two days.
I think it is the same one, as they've made no notification of another tuner.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »