Home

Thoughts on tuners: call me crazy

This is a discussion on Thoughts on tuners: call me crazy within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 02:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on tuners: call me crazy

Thanks dude but yep on Xbox one....all I see when I go to manage game is uninstall all...it's a digital copy, big every time I uninstall all and reinstall the game, every file is still there unless I'm missing something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #18
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCrazyManiac
agree that would be the best to go back to v1.00, v1.01. and so on.

BTW: i deleted my NHL profile file and started a new game /play now and a new season) and it plays way different...in a better way, that without any new tuner!

Try it test it out yourself...

Oh Man....I did this and you are 100% right. The only downfall is lack of penalties in this version. The game feels more like hockey and CPU is back to dump and chase and it has that overall loose feeling again.

I recommend people try this out. play one game back with out of the box tuner and then again with the new tuner. Use the same settings and same teams back to back. You will see how insanely different the games are. The tuner made everything so arcade like and horrible. helps give credence to my theory that these tuners designed to fix a few things completely alter the entire game AI.

Solid find by CupCrazyManiac and you also don't lose your rosters. Just sucks that to have better gameplay comes at the expense of having a good amount of penalties called.

PLEASE EA GO BACK TO THE EARLY SEPTEMBER TUNER THAT CORRECTED PENALTIES AND LETS CALL IT A DAY!

Last edited by jake19ny; 10-01-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #19
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

I missed the board for couple of days..... so whats the verdict? SHould I d/l the new tuner or not. I will disconnect my ps4 to internet, everytime i play this game (courtesy of Gamefly, i rented it).
Old 10-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #20
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
I missed the board for couple of days..... so whats the verdict? SHould I d/l the new tuner or not. I will disconnect my ps4 to internet, everytime i play this game (courtesy of Gamefly, i rented it).
Don't download tuner it's better before they started tinkering with it.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #21
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Don't download tuner it's better before they started tinkering with it.
Thanks! This is a classic example of EA....damn it..they used to have option which tuner you'd like to use...now they removed it. I am guessing it will be a "new feature" next season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #22
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss

Thanks to all for the remove profile tips as Im on the PS4 and I will try it now but if you can avoid the tuner I would do it if you like a more organic less robotic feel .
But unfortunately I just get a prompt that I have a game update and then I get the latest tuner without out choice as Im not a ps plus member but Ill see what happens after I deleted the profile now

I just cant explain how nice it was to put a game in and play on near default Allstar with only a few tweaks so I hope I can get it back as I also had no penalties issues as pre 9/28 gameplay was fine by me and last year was even worse IMO because it was a gameplay update that wrecked the perfect puck physics that couldnt be fixed .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-01-2015 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add on
Old 10-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #23
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Try it yourself I have the tuner installed mixed with my sliders and the CPU dumps the puck, and the play pretty smart and force you to go areas you don't want to. Game plays great with my sliders.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #24
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

This is happening in my game.

This is what I had mentioned earlier. They just keep side stepping until they get an angle and take it to the hole. Luckily I kept this side stepper at bay until the whistle blew, but notice how he did get by me.

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 10-01-2015 at 08:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »