Home

I am just not interested in this NHL series any longer..

This is a discussion on I am just not interested in this NHL series any longer.. within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #17
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I am just not interested in this NHL series any longer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I think this is a stupid thread...I mean, I didn't read it...but yeah, I would imagine its pretty stupid.
I see what you did there.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #18
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

NHL 16 definitely has a foundation laid to lead to great things. But EA needs to start innovating in areas like goalies, AI, board play, net-front battles and offline modes. If NHL 17 still has the same frustrating AI and legacy issues...then it'll be obvious to me this team has no intent on taking the series to the next level.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #19
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
I really feel sorry for the guys who open their wallets to get htis game. Perhaps next time, do the route of renting it first. Now I hope EA would resolve this stupid mistake...or better yet just bring back the option for us to chose which tuner we would like to use.
I've been trying to rent it since release. The current rental market sucks (RIP Blockbuster). It's either "Low Availability" on Gamefly, or 0 availability on RedBox.

Someone should tell Amazon to get into the game rental market. It's not like you can steal a game from them once they've got you CC info.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:57 PM   #20
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

Not interested anymore? Yet you haven't bought the new one? So you mean you haven't been interested since last year and you're not willing to give the new game, which developers and gamers alike say is actually a big improvement?

Hmm. Sorry for you. It may not be perfect, but my is it fun again. The goal variety I'm seeing alone has me geeked.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #21
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

The game is a ton of fun this year and a huge step in the right direction. How can you judge a game without playing it? Games are something that must be felt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
I am just not interested in this NHL series any longer. Anyone else feel the same way? It feels (though I have not played this years version but I cam surely imagine) as though I have been playing the exact same game for years. Same graphics, same animations, same issues, Same AI... just same all around.

To be honest, I strongly believe the NHL series from EA needs to be re-built from the ground up. At this point with today's hardware and expertise, these games should be much better.

Any one else feeling this way?
Yep, after several consecutive years of buying the new version and regretting it, I have yet to purchase 16.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:21 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I think this is a stupid thread...I mean, I didn't read it...but yeah, I would imagine its pretty stupid.
Yeah fair enough, but did you check out reviews about my thread? Did you watch gameplay video's on my thread or ask long time members about this thread? See what I did there?

I guess i could have paid for the game with out any investigation on my part, just buy it blindly because EA has never disappointed any one right? Yes of course, that would have been the smart play. I was considering checking it out via someone else but really, it would end up being a negative opinion about it, I would list a metric **** ton of what is wrong and why and then this would probably piss some people the NHL series fans off.

I stand by my earlier statement, the game is stale and tired.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #24
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
Yeah fair enough, but did you check out reviews about my thread? Did you watch gameplay video's on my thread or ask long time members about this thread? See what I did there?

I guess i could have paid for the game with out any investigation on my part, just buy it blindly because EA has never disappointed any one right? Yes of course, that would have been the smart play. I was considering checking it out via someone else but really, it would end up being a negative opinion about it, I would list a metric **** ton of what is wrong and why and then this would probably piss some people the NHL series fans off.

I stand by my earlier statement, the game is stale and tired.
You're still here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »