Home

Sticking with default

This is a discussion on Sticking with default within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2015, 11:44 AM   #9
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Sticking with default

I just got the game, but so far am sticking with hardcore, all star default. I don't mind messing with sliders, but I don't want to go online and have to get used to a different experience. If I were mostly an offline player I probably would tweak more.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #10
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

This game is just broke outside of default it seems. Worse off than last year IMO.

I had some great games, re doing my sliders prior to games etc. But it just like even doing that, the games feel different, shots, speed, hits, etc etc.

Went back to default hardcore/all star. I only adjusted acceleration and aggression. That was it! Played a few games, seen all kinds of dumping and chasing again, loose pucks, passes not so tape to tape, cycles by CPU etc. Just all around good stuff.

Honestly just makes no sense. I'm pretty sure even EA don't know what their sliders do with this game.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-29-2015, 09:08 PM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
This game is just broke outside of default it seems. Worse off than last year IMO.

I had some great games, re doing my sliders prior to games etc. But it just like even doing that, the games feel different, shots, speed, hits, etc etc.

Went back to default hardcore/all star. I only adjusted acceleration and aggression. That was it! Played a few games, seen all kinds of dumping and chasing again, loose pucks, passes not so tape to tape, cycles by CPU etc. Just all around good stuff.

Honestly just makes no sense. I'm pretty sure even EA don't know what their sliders do with this game.
All-Star/Hardcore with no slider tweaks for me. Haven't had much time to play, but the games I have played (just play now, hope to start GM Mode soon) have been enjoyable.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 12:40 PM   #12
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I deleted everything last night.. game, save game data.

Had a good nights sleep.. re-downloaded the game this morning and I'm NOT going online anytime soon to have my tuner overwritten.

Just a few tweaks now and this original tuner just plays so much better to me. It seems to me they tweak their tuners for online play and then force it on us offline players when we want to go back to the original tuner for our BeaGM. It sucks I can't play EASHL right now, but I've enjoyed the game much more with the out of the box tuner.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #13
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yep, "Slider hell"....been there done that. It can be like a nasty drug that you can't get away from. Always searching for that perfect setup. It can spoil the game for you if you let it. I'm going through slider withdrawal right now!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »