Home

Little Things You Would Like

This is a discussion on Little Things You Would Like within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2015, 08:52 PM   #17
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Little Things You Would Like

They need to make some major improvements that NBA 2K nails. Arena specific end of period horns needs to change. Team specific crowd chants. Real organ music and not generic organ music. What about hearing PA announcer being more enthusiastic. This all needs to happen for NHL 17.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:05 AM   #18
Rookie

Players getting thrown out of the faceoff circle for trying to draw too early. It would be interesting in crucial situations and would make the faceoffs a lot more important.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #19
Rookie

How about these 2 in particular that have bothered me for YEARS.

1. When somebody on my PK lines get's a penalty, replace them with someone else. It is so infuriating that they don't do this yet. It should be treated like an injury in terms of line logic.

2. On defense, an option to turn off the auto-backwards skating. Madden has an auto-strafe feature that is basically the same thing. Give me the option of skating back fast or holding L2 (LT) to backwards skate.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #20
Rookie

3. The CPU skating around in the neutral zone for 30 seconds because they can't get clean entry to the zone, but I also can't catch them, so it's just a game of cat and mouse. Then they finally gain entry and dump the puck. I almost never see teams dumping the puck inside the red-line it is always inside the offensive blue-line.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #21
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripes
How about these 2 in particular that have bothered me for YEARS.

1. When somebody on my PK lines get's a penalty, replace them with someone else. It is so infuriating that they don't do this yet. It should be treated like an injury in terms of line logic.

2. On defense, an option to turn off the auto-backwards skating. Madden has an auto-strafe feature that is basically the same thing. Give me the option of skating back fast or holding L2 (LT) to backwards skate.
1. Not sure what you mean here? Are you saying they only have 3 players on the ice instead of 4 on a PK?

2. There is a way to turn that off, I believe it's under controller settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 07:58 PM   #22
Rookie

physicx's Arena

Injuries/emergency scratches in pre-game would be nice. MLB The Show for example, a player might foul a ball off his knee in batting practice before the game (during lineup selection) and end up day-to-day so you'd have to replace him for that game. Need some in-game goalie injuries too.

Let's get some new goal celebrations in too. And can we get a new arena PA guy? It's been the same dude since like 2006. Also, fix the glitch where the bench disappears when your player with a leg injury is going to the locker room. Unless you wanna throw in a cutscene of a bench clearing brawl, then the disappearing teammates would make sense lol
Old 11-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #23
MVP

BL8001's Arena

This is in addition to all the other good suggestions.

More arena organ music, way more. Just hire the guy, I think he is the san jose sharks organist, hire him and have him play 200 or 600 organ ditties so we get that missing aspect in the game.

It is also a shame EA can't figure out a way to license the ea trax's across all their games. At least then the background music in the arena would be much more varied.

Music or organ music is blasted out at every faceoff and every stoppage IRL, but not nearly enough in this game.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
1. Not sure what you mean here? Are you saying they only have 3 players on the ice instead of 4 on a PK?
No... Say Patrice Bergeron is my C on PK 1.. If he gets a penalty my C on PK 2 is now the C on both lines, meaning after about 40 seconds into the penalty kill he is gassed but will never go off for a change. Whenever I get a penalty on one of my PK guys in GM mode I have to manually replace them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »