Home

Old 10-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Defense

What is the deal with defense in this game. I have played owned ever nhl since 94 except last years. It seems that I have to stationed in front of the net no matter what. If I switch to a forward to defend the point they just get score in front of the net. My defenders just let them in front of the net and score. Is there anyway to defend. I tried switching strategies but that doesn't work either. What do you guys do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 01:22 AM   #2
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defense

No. Zero attention, testing, or even thought, has gone into CPU teamate defense for years
Old 10-10-2015, 04:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

And we keep getting stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g88c-e1dpY

I saw this happen 4 times in my first 20 games and it's happened maybe twice in the next 30. There have also been at least a half a dozen times where the puck somehow didn't go in the net even though my defensemen rammed it into the goal and over the line but it didn't count as going in. This is one of the two times the opposing CPU team did it. Most of the time it's my own teammates.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:03 PM   #4
Rookie

the defense in this game is ruining the game for me. I literally have to sit in front of net while they move the puck around like there is no one else on the ice. If I challenge the shooter my teammates just let the opponent come in for an easy rebound. I don't remember it being this bad before. it's like u have to score at least nine goals a game to win. the cpu defense always seems to know we're to be because my passes never seem to make it across the crease so easy. what gives? I was really hoping with the new generation systems we would see more innovation and I haven't seen any difference in systems besides graphics. besides the crappy defense it's a good game I just don't understand how to make my ai teammates wise up.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

I had a shutout my last game on 29 shots (10-min periods) and usually score in the B-range for my defense grade, so I dunno. What kind of grades are you getting?

I play on Superstar so that the TOP isn't out of whack and pressue is good, but then pretty much nerf the hell out of the AI. It's worked out so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #6
Rookie

I generally get b b minus in defense. it just the fact that I have to watch them pass it around like they are always on a powerplay. I can't trust my teammates to not let guys camp their and get easy goals. some games I can hold them to 2 goals but other games it's like every shot they throw at the net goes in. I cover my guy and I know if I leave him to challenge shooter it's a guaranteed goal. I just can't figure out what strategy or tuning I need to use for my defense to n actually help me out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »