Home

Let's Test NHL 16

This is a discussion on Let's Test NHL 16 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 10-12-2015, 05:13 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Let's Test NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Hmmm, that's interesting Johnny. You think the sliders themselves affect ice time? I could see lines with better stamina getting more ice time, that's how most people change their lines. I'll test this out when I can—probably would need one Human—CPU and one CPU—CPU game to test. If you see anything more, post it here! Thanks!
From memory, I believe effect/recovery were both set at 3 and that gave me even ice time across all lines for one period of play. I bumped up effect to 4 and recovery down to 2 for the next period and the top 2 lines had more ice time in the stats screen. As mentioned, this was on-the-fly and not a controlled test. I believe that both periods were penalty free, but then I could be mistaken. I've changed sliders so much, frankly, it has become a bit of a blur. At the time, I remember thinking that is how it worked.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #34
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I have line changes on manual. I should have also noted all my testing is done with out of the box tuners. No updates. I felt it best to test this way rather than have a tuner released mid testing.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #35
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, I do my own line changes. The game's coaching AI is poor enough that I could have my 4th line out in a crucial situation; human line changes are the best option, IMO.

Speaking of, if anyone wants to play me online my PSN is AdamJones113. Little online testing

EDIT: Just finished up a CPU v. CPU game. Next thing I'm going to check is whether the Aggression slider affects how much CPU defensemen step up. I had Aggression turned to 0 in the CPU-CPU game and I don't recall seeing a single check attempted during a rush.

Last edited by AdamJones113; 10-12-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 09:19 AM   #36
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Lightbulb Re: Let's Test NHL 16

Hey Adam, I just had the awful realization that while very telling and informative, our testing may be a waste of time. As I said I'm testing on default out of the box tuner with no update so my results would not be what someone using the latest tuner would see. These tuners completely overhaul the gameplay as we have seen and clearly have to change how the sliders react. I'm not sure what your using to test but it could only be default or the latest tuner. The minute they overwrite this tuner, if they do, your results go out the window also. It goes back to the same grievance, give us choices on tuners to select instead of overwriting. Then we could test and list what tuner we used but as long as EA forces us to use one perticular tuner and keeps changing that one, were chasing our tail.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:34 AM   #37
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Hey Adam, I just had the awful realization that while very telling and informative, our testing may be a waste of time. As I said I'm testing on default out of the box tuner with no update so my results would not be what someone using the latest tuner would see. These tuners completely overhaul the gameplay as we have seen and clearly have to change how the sliders react. I'm not sure what your using to test but it could only be default or the latest tuner. The minute they overwrite this tuner, if they do, your results go out the window also. It goes back to the same grievance, give us choices on tuners to select instead of overwriting. Then we could test and list what tuner we used but as long as EA forces us to use one perticular tuner and keeps changing that one, were chasing our tail.
Not to worry!

For the record, I've been using the latest tuner. And tuners are rare enough that any small tests can be redone. Isolating single sliders is what I've switched to, because those are either so isolated that they can be tested on any tuner level or in 1-on-G practice mode, which passes over tuners.

That being said, stuff like the Be A GM test? A tuner isn't going to change that. Tuners change default values. The BAGM sim engine isn't a 'default value,' it's part of the overall game code, and therefore it's a patch I'm worried about. But they tell us what they patch (if anything), and the sim speed is fast enough this year that I'm not worried if I have to retest.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #38
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Before I forget:

I want to get a look at the kind of games people feel are "against them," as it were—games where you feel that you just can't win. To that end, I'd be grateful if someone who has a game like that could post about it here. Here's a template:

Score (Human–CPU)
Score after 1st:
Score after 2nd:
[Score after 3rd if game goes to OT:]
And as many team stats as you can bear to post.
Also, when did you feel that you couldn't win? What is your normal play style and did you play that this game? Do you know what sliders you used? Strategies?

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:11 PM   #39
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Hopping back on for some more testing. Anyone interested in a stream?
Old 10-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #40
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Hopping on momentarily, gonna keep working on isolating individual sliders and I'll check out the roster update. Let me know if you're interested in a stream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »