Home

Old 10-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #49
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Let's Test NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
Fellas, it's good your doing some testing, it will always give us/yourself ideas of what can be fixed and tempered with.
I'd like to give you a hint, and that is to run a test or two using PRO instead of A/S.
This as when it comes to my own experience, Pro is the middle ground, where all the sliders are "neutral". When you use anything above Pro, you're already giving the CPU advantages that aren't visible in the sliders.
Even though I'm a good player (a "vet"?) playing each and every year, I'm always using Pro as a base, as I know at that level, the CPU aren't getting any unfair advantages.
I would think that slider tinkering have more effect on the CPU side using Pro.
Maybe I'll give that a shot tomorrow night.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #50
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
I'd agree with this. While I haven't noticed what you've described except in small portions, at the very least it makes them change lines more often and keep their fatigue high.
They don't change lines more from what i seen with the fatigue effect, that's the recovery slider is where that comes into play.

The effect basically hampers there shooting and passing abilities. It don't show passing % wise in the stats, but very noticeable on the score sheet and the goals they don't score from the door step now. Point blank goals with it at 3, are now basically 50/50 with it at 6 and its glorious. LOL.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 10-19-2015, 06:44 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Fellas, it's good your doing some testing, it will always give us/yourself ideas of what can be fixed and tempered with.
I'd like to give you a hint, and that is to run a test or two using PRO instead of A/S.
This as when it comes to my own experience, Pro is the middle ground, where all the sliders are "neutral". When you use anything above Pro, you're already giving the CPU advantages that aren't visible in the sliders.
Even though I'm a good player (a "vet"?) playing each and every year, I'm always using Pro as a base, as I know at that level, the CPU aren't getting any unfair advantages.
I would think that slider tinkering have more effect on the CPU side using Pro.
So do you use Pro default sliders? I've noticed that fatigue effect, player acceleration, and shot accuracy sliders really effect the cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 03:43 AM   #52
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
So do you use Pro default sliders? I've noticed that fatigue effect, player acceleration, and shot accuracy sliders really effect the cpu.
No, every year I start off with Pro default to get a feeling for it. Then I start tinkering and tweaking until I get a game that plays well and is even.
It's just that every time I've used anything higher than Pro (Difficulty), no matter how I fiddle with the sliders I get a game where the CPU is slightly faster, or always win those 50/50 situations (cheating). So I rather have it on Pro Difficulty, and then I give the CPU advantages like harder shots, better shot accuracy or stuff like that to make the game even.

But what I don't get is the "cheating" that this game is so famous for.

And like I said, I believe that the sliders have a bigger impact on the CPU, when you base it from Pro as default.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 10-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
No, every year I start off with Pro default to get a feeling for it. Then I start tinkering and tweaking until I get a game that plays well and is even.
It's just that every time I've used anything higher than Pro (Difficulty), no matter how I fiddle with the sliders I get a game where the CPU is slightly faster, or always win those 50/50 situations (cheating). So I rather have it on Pro Difficulty, and then I give the CPU advantages like harder shots, better shot accuracy or stuff like that to make the game even.

But what I don't get is the "cheating" that this game is so famous for.

And like I said, I believe that the sliders have a bigger impact on the CPU, when you base it from Pro as default.
I totally agree with you. I went down to Pro from Superstar and you are correct. A lot of the weird animations and cpu cheating is almost non-existant. The only problem I have is getting the cpu to be aggressive offensively. I even turned up the cpu difficulty slider but to no avail. I believe that the aggression slider has no effect on the game at all. I think the aggression is difficulty level driven. I use Northmen's sliders which are really good. I believe that there's no common ground when it comes to the cpu. The whole slider system is ridiculously flawed which a lot of us are discovering. Theres too much under the hood that we cannot adjust. I think the best gameplay would be between Pro & Allstar.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:40 PM   #54
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

So, played a game to test the penlaty sliders. AS/Hardcore, recent tuner, all default settings except CPU penalty slider was maxed:

In a four-minute-period game, I finished with 5 powerplays in a 3-2 win, while committing 2. That looks pretty good to me, especially for the time length.

However, it's better to compare to a total over the span of several games. From my 11-6-1 Leafs BAGM,, I only have 22 powerplays—nearly half as many as the Boston Bruins, who have the second fewest powerplays (43), in two fewer games.

My penalty sliders there: "Penalties" in Rules at one click below max, and all other penalty sliders in the middle. Clearly, that's too few penalties per game. I think the slider works at two different extremes above/below a point (x number of clicks to the right, probably 4-5). To get the right number of penalties, you need to raise the bar.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:45 AM   #55
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Finally going to be able to get back on the PS4 tomorrow after a long few weeks of work. I plan on testing Jake's new sliders and then continuing with either individual slider tests or shot charts. Let me know if you have a preference/suggestion of anything else I should test.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 08:46 AM   #56
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Finally going to be able to get back on the PS4 tomorrow after a long few weeks of work. I plan on testing Jake's new sliders and then continuing with either individual slider tests or shot charts. Let me know if you have a preference/suggestion of anything else I should test.
I'm starting to get a good handle on the sliders and how they interact with each other. Any work you do goes a long way to helping us understand this enigma of a game. I would say the 2 biggest mysteries in the sliders to me are AI Learning and CPU Strategy Adjustment. If we could get a better handle on those two might really help. Thanks again for the painstaking work

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »