Home

Cross Creases In NHL 16

This is a discussion on Cross Creases In NHL 16 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Cross Creases In NHL 16

I've noticed a lot of mention of cross creases, why they are so prevalent and how to stop them. I wanted to get a specific thread going on the issue.

Here's my brief take:

I think cross creases should not get through as much as they do. [Not to discuss AI positioning, which is a separate issue] AI defenders who manage to stick in the slot should automatically track the puck. I also think that users defending in the slot should have a boost to either knock away/intercept cross-creases. Cross creases should need space to work, which is why they work best and teams attempt them more on power plays in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cross Creases In NHL 16

I have somewhat combated this with a combo of things. CPU Pass accuracy and pass reception ease must be down. User pass intercept up. Puck control maxed on CPU. Aggression sliders maxed, hitting assistance maxed with user hit power down. More errant passes and done really cool action in front of the net which is something we never talk about when discussing what's missing from this series. I'm kind of getting sone as a result

When I perfect I will post detailed sliders but I'm digging it so far
Old 10-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #3
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I have somewhat combated this with a combo of things. CPU Pass accuracy and pass reception ease must be down. User pass intercept up. Puck control maxed on CPU. Aggression sliders maxed, hitting assistance maxed with user hit power down. More errant passes and done really cool action in front of the net which is something we never talk about when discussing what's missing from this series. I'm kind of getting sone as a result

When I perfect I will post detailed sliders but I'm digging it so far
Could you post what you're using?
Old 10-20-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Could you post what you're using?
I will I want to try 1 more thing tomorrow and see if I can correct something else but will post. I'm normally not a big fan of posting sliders because no two people play the same so what works awesome for some are disasterous for others but the offline game is such a mess if it helps 1 or 2 guys it's worth it.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I will I want to try 1 more thing tomorrow and see if I can correct something else but will post. I'm normally not a big fan of posting sliders because no two people play the same so what works awesome for some are disasterous for others but the offline game is such a mess if it helps 1 or 2 guys it's worth it.
Yep, agree with the whole slider posting thing. That said, for what it's worth, I've also got puck control maxed for the CPU, and down one notch from that for me. Pass reception at one for the CPU and his one timer accuracy at one also. The CPU has no problem sniping when it wants even at 0 accuracy on all shots.

Playing at Pro ( All-star seems too unrealistic for me ) but with CPU difficulty adjustment at 5, this makes the CPU less deadly but can still score if you don't park a D-man in the passing lane. The block shot ( knee or full body ) really help me out here too.

Maxed Puck Control for the cpu really does seem the key to offline enjoyment on the early tuners.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »