Home

NHL 16 Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Trade Discussion within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
NHL 16 Trade Discussion

Havnt seen a thread for this yet, thought we might be able to use one.

Looking to offload Ericsson, Smith and Franzen in my Wings GM. Picks would be great, but know I'd have to take back a contract. what realistic options are there?

Last edited by kenp86; 10-21-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 16 Trade Discussion

Also, what trades have you completed? I did a franzen and a 2nd for zykov. I didn't want to rip the cpu off so I backed out and restarted
Old 10-24-2015, 02:30 AM   #3
Rookie

RedivivusOlive1's Arena

OVR: 0

I would get Brandon Saad to the LA Kings.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #4
Banned

Kings don't really have the pieces to get Saad now that he's signed long term.

But for my cbj I'm thinking of moving Johansen for defense. Getting to be less of a fan of him more and more and with Wennberg, Jenner and Dubi we would be fine at center on a video game.

Was thinking of moving him to STL for Shattenkirk. Also if I packaged Jack Johnson and Kerby Rychel who are some teams that would be interested in, would also look for another defender.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #5
Pro

What's nitkins realistic trade value pick wise? Also is luke schenn to the oil for a 2016 2nd rd pick a fair/ realistic trade? I am trying to get some rh d men on the oil.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
What's nitkins realistic trade value pick wise? Also is luke schenn to the oil for a 2016 2nd rd pick a fair/ realistic trade? I am trying to get some rh d men on the oil.

I like the offer for Schenn but knowing the game it'll be tougher to acquire him. It might take two 2nd rounders or a prospect and a 2nd. Just don't overpay. There are many great right hand D-Men that you can get without having to move a clutch forward like Draisaitl or Purcell let's say. Pouliot is usually the first guy I'd trade if he's on my team. Even if the game has him at a high value I don't mind sending him off for something I like better. He's a very overrated player.

In my Franchise with Dallas I'm currently considering trading for Iginla. It would be awesome to see him finally play for the team that drafted him, and get him to win a cup. I'd use him as a Top 9 guy on my third line, but I know he can always wing Spezza and fit in as a Top 6 as well if needed. Only thing that turns me off is his $5 million+ salary. I also feel the asking price is high and I'm not willing to part ways with good prospects.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #7
Rookie

This is a good thread. One of the problems I have in GM is the trades. Its not easy to gauge a players worth if you can't watch them play. Maybe someone could write a tips and tricks for trades, drafting, and free agents. I'd pay for that.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:42 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendah
I like the offer for Schenn but knowing the game it'll be tougher to acquire him. It might take two 2nd rounders or a prospect and a 2nd. Just don't overpay. There are many great right hand D-Men that you can get without having to move a clutch forward like Draisaitl or Purcell let's say. Pouliot is usually the first guy I'd trade if he's on my team. Even if the game has him at a high value I don't mind sending him off for something I like better. He's a very overrated player.

In my Franchise with Dallas I'm currently considering trading for Iginla. It would be awesome to see him finally play for the team that drafted him, and get him to win a cup. I'd use him as a Top 9 guy on my third line, but I know he can always wing Spezza and fit in as a Top 6 as well if needed. Only thing that turns me off is his $5 million+ salary. I also feel the asking price is high and I'm not willing to part ways with good prospects.
I ended up clearing cap space by trading nitkin to Arizona for a 5th and corey potter.

Then i offered up a 2016 2nd rounder to philly and they accepted!

I also feel like this was a pretty realistic trade, thanks for the input, it's nice to have a second opinion on trades, Hoping to resign him long term now.

My next goal is to acquire mark visentin who's on a one year deal with chicago. Going to wait and see if they re sign him after this season (hopefully not).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »