Home

Why this series is dying

This is a discussion on Why this series is dying within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Why this series is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
They are limited with the ratings per the NHLPA. So no players get butthurt etc. But for sure can do a much better job at making players feel different.
Yeah, I am not convinced the NHLPA is the issue. Other sports games, licensed by unions at least as strong as the NHLPA, have a wide range of ratings (both overall and between attributes).

Just as an example, look at the Eagles in Madden 16. The best overall rating of a player is 96, the worst is 51. Look at Speed rating - best is 92, worst is 59. I don't have MLB The Show's ratings available at the moment, but I am sure at least the overall player ratings run a spread of more than 30 points on most teams. These are the spreads missing in NHL 16.

And, yes, I absolutely agree with you that the problem is compounded by the fact that, even aside from the minimal difference in ratings, the players all feel the same.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:48 PM   #18
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6

So is there anything as OS users we can do?

Is there like a core list of 10 things we would liked focused on in terms of the topic relating to rosters, for the years to come to be submitted to EA or a dev or something? Sitting here discussing amongst ourselves does not mean much.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:29 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki
So is there anything as OS users we can do?

Is there like a core list of 10 things we would liked focused on in terms of the topic relating to rosters, for the years to come to be submitted to EA or a dev or something? Sitting here discussing amongst ourselves does not mean much.
I doubt there is anything we can do. I just like to b***h and moan!
Old 11-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #20
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki
or just give us the tools to edit and share rosters and they can do outta box all they want.
^ Nailed it!

Not everyone that plays NHL is a socially inept 13 year old who would homer up all the attributes of their favorite team.

A lot of us, myself included, would love to put out our own rosters. Rosters that genuinely reflect the NHL and it's incredible athletes. Rosters that are un-biased and fair.

By not allowing roster sharing, EA is slowly killing this game for its loyalists. The replay factor is wearing thin. Even myself, I don't play any other game but NHL during the season, but come mid June, I'm all over The Show.

That's what EA needs to emulate. The Show, with its roster sharing feature keeps the replay factor going all year.

If NHL had roster sharing, I'd be all over a 80's to '90's best of roster. Or even an all-time best of roster. I'd play NHL all year.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:35 PM   #21
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

The problem with the NHL series is that it's a generic 50/50 low risk approach designed for everybody. That's great except neither the arcade or the sim gamer is actually happy about it. With less sports titles to pick from, you have to decide what you are.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:19 PM   #22
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Earlier in the thread the Game Changers were mentioned and whether or not it was a marketing ploy. Well it appears they will be using game changers next year again and over on the EA forum their us a thread for members to answer a few questions to see about selection.

The positive note is EA basically admits that last years Game Changers were there for EASHL and that they want to get people involved who play other modes as well as increase the amount of Game Changers they bring in. The downside is virtually everyone responding answers they play mainly online and have suggestions in regards to that mode. Man do we need one us hardcore offline season mode or BeaGM mode guys on that committee.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:00 PM   #23
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Earlier in the thread the Game Changers were mentioned and whether or not it was a marketing ploy. Well it appears they will be using game changers next year again and over on the EA forum their us a thread for members to answer a few questions to see about selection.

The positive note is EA basically admits that last years Game Changers were there for EASHL and that they want to get people involved who play other modes as well as increase the amount of Game Changers they bring in. The downside is virtually everyone responding answers they play mainly online and have suggestions in regards to that mode. Man do we need one us hardcore offline season mode or BeaGM mode guys on that committee.
If they want some OS members to join the game changer team, then consider this the start of my campaign to be one of the OS representatives. My focus will be rosters and BaGM.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #24
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
If they want some OS members to join the game changer team, then consider this the start of my campaign to be one of the OS representatives. My focus will be rosters and BaGM.
You would have my vote! There are actually a handful of guys around here that I'm sure would do a great job if EA would select them and actually listen. Many of us with the same gripes and same solutions...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »