Home

New Tuner 11/13

This is a discussion on New Tuner 11/13 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #17
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: New Tuner 11/13

I lost my last game 3-1 but there were 8 penalties total, 4 for each team!

There is no doubt in my mind this game is meant to be played on basically AS/Hardcore defaults. Just some odd stuff starts to happen when you start messing with them.

Had another one of those long clears and the the goalie actually stick handled like he should instead of sticking out a pad to stop a barely rolling puck.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #18
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Just played another. Penalties are good. Having some powerplays but the ai is crazy on the pk. they go as a lump towards the puck.

Lost 1-0. Stats were even on this game. Last game I killed them stats wise. This was fun. I still despise the fact that the AI knows when I push shoot. They will stick to me and follow me but not do anything, then the millisecond I press up to shoot, they poke check or lay down. No anticipation, just a read of my input.

Another, is the pucks they catch with their hands yet my guys can't catch anything.

I will say, I did have fun with the last 2 games. I am playing on Hardcore / All Star but with my own slider set.

Watch live video from shogunofharlem3 on www.twitch.tv

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 11-15-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

I think I'm turning off manual passing. The AI has too much of an advantage that needs to be mitigated.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #20
MVP

actionhank's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
I think I'm turning off manual passing. The AI has too much of an advantage that needs to be mitigated.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I have to use it just to keep myself from blowing them up 10-3, thanks to the goalies and braindead defenders. If I just handicap myself, I can negate the fact that the AI has no idea what they're doing, as well as not have to try and keep my controller out of low-earth orbit by playing the rabid AI on higher difficulties.

That said, these penalties are promising. I just played 4 straight games with only 1 powerplay for my Blues. At the same time, thanks to the garbage poke check mechanics, I drew about 14 tripping calls...I think Berglund even earned me a rare elbow.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:04 PM   #21
MVP

actionhank's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Just played another. Penalties are good. Having some powerplays but the ai is crazy on the pk. they go as a lump towards the puck.

Lost 1-0. Stats were even on this game. Last game I killed them stats wise. This was fun. I still despise the fact that the AI knows when I push shoot. They will stick to me and follow me but not do anything, then the millisecond I press up to shoot, they poke check or lay down. No anticipation, just a read of my input.

Another, is the pucks they catch with their hands yet my guys can't catch anything.

I will say, I did have fun with the last 2 games. I am playing on Hardcore / All Star but with my own slider set.

Watch live video from shogunofharlem3 on www.twitch.tv
Wow. I'll have to watch this all when I get home...but that's concerning. I think the AI is one of the biggest failures this year (And the years past. But now with the more powerful processing power, they're running out of excuses past "We just don't care much about offline"). Your players just don't know where to be, or what to do when they get somewhere.

Players on the point frequently spin and take the puck offsides. Defenders skate in against odd-man rushes facing their own goalie, only to chase the puck carrier to the blue line and leave no one in front of the net. The only thing the AI seems to be really good at is making absurd passes regularly. I can't count the number of times I've hit a guy in the corner...only to have him launch the puck on some weird forehand pass with his body up against the boards, through three players on my team (one of which is me, pathetically hunching over and scraping my stick on the ice in some spastic hockey mating ritual...).

I really hope NHL17 shows some significant leaps forward. I'm wiling to give NHL16 benefit of the doubt in the fact that they had to fill the massive hole that was NHL15 just to get the gameplay and game modes back to NHL14 standards...but they're running out of excuses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #22
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

After starting over with the last roster and using this latest tuner. I'm 7 games into my BeaGM and I think this is the best tuner yet.

I'm about middle of the pack for number of power plays and penalty kills.. I'm seeing typically 3-4 penalties per team and had a couple of games with 10 total. I've also had some 5 on 3 and had to kill a 5 on 3. Also seeing different penalties like slashing/boarding/etc.. and not just the tripping penalties.

Game also has an excellent flow to it and many loose pucks/errant passes/deflections by myself and the AI teams.

TWO things I would like to see fixed (if possible) - 1. When my player is pinned to the boards and I'm attempting a skate pass to the side, my AI defenders always go to the side of the other teams player when I'm going to always pass the puck the other way instead of through the player. Happens every freaking time and I typically lose the puck to another CPU team player. 2. Defensive players need to cover that CPU player that always parks close to the goal for that one time shot. I typically take control of a D player so I can do that, but I shouldn't have to as I like to control a player on the point. You always seem to have BOTH of your D players cover the same player and that slot player is wide open for a one time goal.

I'm having fun again though.. so I hope they don't change too much with another tuner. Heck, I may not even d/l another one again after this latest one.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:24 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

only played a couple games with the new tuner.

Im getting good stats, and the goalies seem better now.

I have noticed a scripted goal.
on at least 3 occasions, Ive taken a slapper coming down the wing, and it goes along the ice and goes in 5-hole. It has a scripted feel to it that its always going to go in once the puck is halfway to the goalie.

last game, I scored that same goal, with the same players twice in 20 seconds. looked so scripted.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:44 AM   #24
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
only played a couple games with the new tuner.

Im getting good stats, and the goalies seem better now.

I have noticed a scripted goal.
on at least 3 occasions, Ive taken a slapper coming down the wing, and it goes along the ice and goes in 5-hole. It has a scripted feel to it that its always going to go in once the puck is halfway to the goalie.

last game, I scored that same goal, with the same players twice in 20 seconds. looked so scripted.
Long shots like that must mess with the game engine.. I've seen it too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »