Home

Controller issue?

This is a discussion on Controller issue? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Controller issue?

Ever since yesterday, when I'm playing the game, once every couple of plays, when I receive the puck, my player will stop and can't skate in any direction....at first I thought it was a coop player glitch but now I'm seeing it in single player mode too....anyone else seeing that? My conTroller works perfectly in every other game and in the menus of NHL 16, and the regular Xbox menus....any ideas? This is driving me up a wall! I've been playing this game since day one with no problems until yesterday....thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Controller issue?

Also I'm having no problems moving my player at will when on defense....thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

You know I had a moment in a game two days ago where there were a bunch of players near center ice and I was trying to get past them and I could have sworn that for a few seconds I couldn't skate 'UP'. Just that one direction. It actually made me go down and around the area. I figured it was just collision detection with one of the players but now I don't know. It felt unnatural.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
Just started!

figured it was just collision detection with one of the players but now I don't know. It felt unnatural.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
Banned

Ever experience the random skating backwards glitch? Gain control of the puck skate out and without prompt the puck carrier spins and skates backwards. Same issue when trying to hit a pass in the neutral zone, receiving player spins to the back skate and kills any momentum I have going forward.

Somehow I found that this issue was happening because I was holding the hustle button. For whatever reason it was activating the vision control which makes the skater turn around. The fix is not to hold down the hustle button until you've oriented the skater to go in the direction you want it to go. Same with the pass, wait till the receiving skater gains control of the puck before pressing the hustle button.

Lots of glitches in the system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

There is also something that's easy to overlook which is the left stick being messed up. The one thing that has killed all my controllers has been left sticks that don't stay centered, often causing me to think there's something wrong with game mechanics. Either a stick that leans enough in one direction to make characters always move in that direction or sticks that cause button presses of LT, LB, etc.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:05 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

On a related note about controller issues - in any of the menu screens, does sometimes your button presses not register?

In the game my buttons register fine, but in the menu, sometimes it doesn't. I have to press it maybe 2-3 times for the game to recognize the input.

Again - only experienced this sometimes in the menu screens. I'm on XBO.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:11 AM   #8
Rookie

sometime we fold cables of controllers, with this fold the inner cabling cracks and controller went out of order.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »