Home

Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions)

This is a discussion on Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 09:02 AM   #73
Rookie

ChubbyD's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions)

One more thing that I think is very important, but has never been in the game -- icon-style player switching, a la the basketball games. I know it's been said, but when I'm coming back on defense, 100% of the time I switch to "closest player," is not actually the closest player. Either because the game chooses someone else, or the closest player is in the middle of a scripted move -- which, by the way, who cares? Give me control of him anyway.

No- I want to control my C on defense. Always. How can I pick him?

So when azy19 has Ovie on the LW faceoff dot on his PP, I want Glendening to stick right on him and do not let him get a shot. Ever.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:09 PM   #74
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Gamechangers Nhl17 event #1 (very early impressions by djneo)

May have been mentioned, but I'd like to see the guest in Online Vs be able to change the player they're controlling during faceoffs, as opposed to being locked on the RW.

To expound on that, I feel like we should be able to chose which player, guest or main player, takes the faceoff. As of stands now it only changes when the 1st player gets a penalty, and changes again if the guest commits a penalty.

I like the idea of being able to choose. If you're in a slump, we should be able to change it up!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #75
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

Superstar / Hardcore / All slider adjustments get tick advantage for the CPU. I tried it a for a few games and did not notice any difference in the AI.

My biggest gripe with the AI, at least on offense, is they cannot execute an odd man rush. No center drive on 3 on 2. No proper spacing on 2 on 1. Really frustrating!
Old 04-21-2016, 03:21 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
Speaking of lines, a 3rd PP and PK set would be a nice/needed addition. More so the PK. Those lines get tired real fast, and it's annoying having to go to "edit lines" during the game to put fresh guys in because the menu takes too long.
THIS.

How hard is this to do? Seems like a no-brainer.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #77
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I went back and played NHL 15 on my xbox 360. Amazing how much of a step back it is visually, but man, control, gameplay, overall feel was so much better than NHL 16 cg.

I'd like the devs to take a step back and examine how NHL 15 feels. NHL 16 almost feels glitchy and twitchy with too sudden and fast animations by comparison. It feels too heavy in some aspects of control and then too light in others, and the two elements play off each other really negatively.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:25 AM   #78
EA Game Changer

KidShowtime's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
It feels too heavy in some aspects of control and then too light in others, and the two elements play off each other really negatively.
This is a very good way of putting it.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:33 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 0

Hey guys,

Just wanna let you know that at the current time next week I'll be on the way to the next Gamechanger event in Vancouver.

This time however will be the 1st time we will have the chance to play really playable build.
I actually really curious to see what made it to the Nhl 17 from our Hardcore sim perspective.

One I know for sure, our voice was heard clear and loud! Actually maybe too loud, I hope I wasn't too annoying hah

So yeah, keep fingers crossed!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:41 AM   #80
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for letting us know. I know you'll be under an NDA but hopefully you can tell us truthfully this year unlike other gamechangers in the past with other EA games, if this game will be improved on offense, defense, IMPROVED GOALIES/DIFFERENTIATION, special teams, penalty kill, board play, neutral zone play, presentation and commentary, etc and worth it this year.

I honestly feel if this game doesn't have significant improvements and a vision for the future, many people will be done with this series once and for all. EA continues to say they're "listening to the fans," so lets see if they will for NHL 17 because if it's just another game with a couple new things and then same issues/bad AI etc, then that's the last straw.

Lets also see how confident they are in their product. If they show gameplay during E3 I'll know they're feeling good. If they hide gameplay again this year like in the past(myself and many others on twitter had to BEG rammer and the other developers to show ANYTHING the past 2 years) and only show a 1 minute clips 2-3 weeks before release, and our only true gameplay is another stream with Eddie Lack, then we'll have our answer.

Praying this is the year for some good hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ NEO
Hey guys,

Just wanna let you know that at the current time next week I'll be on the way to the next Gamechanger event in Vancouver.

This time however will be the 1st time we will have the chance to play really playable build.
I actually really curious to see what made it to the Nhl 17 from our Hardcore sim perspective.

One I know for sure, our voice was heard clear and loud! Actually maybe too loud, I hope I wasn't too annoying hah

So yeah, keep fingers crossed!

Last edited by csamuelsvt; 05-18-2016 at 08:47 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »