Home

Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions)

This is a discussion on Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #25
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions)

Neo, I've already given you a couple of suggestions on facebook. Could you please as why we have less sliders than before? In NHL 09 or 10 there were sliders for things like shot blocking that we do not have. Also can you please see if it is possible to get the CPU aid slider back? It was in until 13? (maybe) then got lumped into game style.

Please, please, please ask them to let us change strategies for every team. That's really the main thing i want in.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #26
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
How old is NHL 16 and we are excited on NHL 17????? Am i reading this correctly???? Barely 3 months....and you cant wait for the next year's release? WOW!
Exactly.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2015, 07:06 AM   #27
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
Exactly.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk
It's not that people are flat excited already about NHL17 but they did hold the first Gamechanger event for it so it is relevant to discuss
Old 12-10-2015, 11:16 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
It's not that people are flat excited already about NHL17 but they did hold the first Gamechanger event for it so it is relevant to discuss
So does this mean they've moved on from '16 and have no intentions on fixing the game that is currently out?
Old 12-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #29
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyflex
So does this mean they've moved on from '16 and have no intentions on fixing the game that is currently out?
I'm not sure if we will see another patch at this point heading into the new year. It may be as repaired as they can possibly repair it. If that's the case I would rather they use the resources to make the next better. If they truly listen to offline sim guys and implement their ideas properly then I rather they do that. Again I'm not saying I'm all ready to preorder NHL17, it's way too early for that. But past history shows by January you really only get roster updates and the development team has moved on to the next release
Old 12-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
Neo, I've already given you a couple of suggestions on facebook. Could you please as why we have less sliders than before? In NHL 09 or 10 there were sliders for things like shot blocking that we do not have. Also can you please see if it is possible to get the CPU aid slider back? It was in until 13? (maybe) then got lumped into game style.

Please, please, please ask them to let us change strategies for every team. That's really the main thing i want in.
Great point!

That was actually on the top of my "wishlist".
Working sliders.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #31
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus

This is crucial. If they give us more in depth sliders (looking at you neutral zone pressure), and strategies, along with shareable rosters this game would be playable again. I couldn't care a less if we have to edit the crap out of this game to play a simulation game. Obviously the less editing the better, but it would be worth the time and effort. They just need to give us the fundamentals and a solid base. No more warp speed goalies or guys taking shots when they aren't even facing the net. Fix the fundamentals and let us go to work on fixing sliders and editing players so they play like themselves. Then improve Be A GM and we will have one of the best offline hockey games to date.

DJ Neo you and the other 2khockey.net guys know this best. NHL 2k10 was edited the crap out of to play a good game of hockey. Hell I remember downloading your rosters and sliders for that huge project you did to completely overhaul the game. You had some great Canadiens youtube videos I watched quite often. Shogun, Fiddy, and Venom also put in so much time to get it playing great. I know I'm forgetting others who put a ton of work in but man that was sweet. The moral of the story is 2k10 had the basic fundamentals. The good was there, but it took some work to find it. As it stands now, we can't get to that point with EA's versions. There's just not enough settings and ratings to tweak players abilities. We need these things so that we can mold NHL into what we want it to be.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #32
Banned

Thanks.

Thats funny, I was actually little hoping that u would be picked as one of the Gamechangers.

Guys would u be that kind and give me your top 5s?

Top5 #1 gameplay
Top5 #2 presentation

Can be little and big things from a hardcore sim perspective.
At the end of week I would make a list and send your ideas straight to the devs.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »