Home

Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions)

This is a discussion on Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 10:21 AM   #57
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Really good things in there, seems like a great start! Like others have said, I would also add a slider for stick collision detection, I think it's a must. And all sliders with a 0-100 scale instead of 0-6.
Or at least 0-10.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #58
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

OVR: 0

I hear a similar tune about NHL 16 last year...
Old 03-15-2016, 03:23 AM   #59
Rookie

Hey DJ,

these are more "must haves for NHL17" ;-)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-slowdown.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hip-chase.html
Old 03-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #60
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Sliders for individual positions would be nice too.

Maybe have one for forwards, and one for defense. That way I can adjust defender hitting separately from the forwards. If I need more defensive scoring, I can adjust their shot sliders, while leaving the forwards where I have them working well.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #61
Rookie

swampgator's Arena

I have a question for the team. Why does the RS affect the gameplay so heavily? On defense, holding the RS in the direction of the puck (usually Up) will all of a sudden cause your controlled player and the CPU to have some common sense. Pucks no longer go right through your perfectly positioned players. This should be by default, not by my having to hold up on the RS all game on defense. And my manipulation of the RS SHOULD NEVER affect the CPU players on my team.

The RS is FAR too over powered in 15 and 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 11:20 PM   #62
Rookie

swampgator's Arena

To add:

I also really support a couple key game mechanics that should make their way (back, in some cases) into the game.

1) I would like some feedback on this proposition to the L2 (skate backwards) mechanic
What if, instead of a binary input, L2 was pressure sensitive. Now, if I press L2 in any way, my player will pivot to turn and skate completely backwards. What if the gradual pressing of L2 would gradually pivot your player? Example: I'm on a 2-on-1 and i want to face my teammate to set up a pass/shoot situation. Now, if i press L2, my player skates completely backwards. If it was a gradual pivot, I could turn 90 degrees (instead of a full 180) and face up my teammate.

I like the idea of the precision skate movements they attempted to implement this year but they are slow to activate and therefore ineffective in the quick game of hockey.

2) Stick collisions: can't be having the stick go through the boards anymore, lets at least get that right
3) Tie ups in front, boardplay: Huge part of hockey. More tangling, tying up of players.
4) 5 man celebrations are must
Old 04-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #63
Rookie

Re: Gamechangers Nhl17 event #1 (very early impressions by djneo)

Things I'd like to see fixed for '17 if they'd like to make the game more simmy:

Body checking. Positioning isn't really rewarded- you can have a guy lined up, dead center, and your guy will miss pretty often. Also, sometimes you collide with somebody, and nothing happens. It's just awkward.

Poke checking is pretty broken. It seems to reward spamming, not so much positioning. If you spam, you will knock the puck loose, but too often the attacking player will just pick the puck right back up.

It would also be cool to see user initiated deflections anywhere on the ice. Useful if my d-man clears the puck and I have a forward up ice that can deflect the puck to avoid icing. We sort of have this now- but that chip the puck animation that we have now almost never works. If that could get reworked for next year...
Old 04-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #64
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm not so sure about this rs argument. I never use it and my players do just fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »