Home

NHL 16 Revamped Rosters - What It Would Have Been

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Revamped Rosters - What It Would Have Been within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2015, 11:53 PM   #9
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NHL 16 Revamped Rosters - What It Would Have Been

Rosters should be done exactly like MLB The Show handles them

Use a 3 year average for players to determine their ratings.....if a guy sucked in 2014 but was great in 2015 - he should be in the 80's for example

Implement roster sharing......use the vault system like The Show....player vault, orster vault, slider vault, etc

Maybe a goalie equipment vault?

I love that they have added some goalie equipment this year after release.....we need more of that and they need to be more accurate with the equipment - especially color schemes

More goalie masks.....give us 3 or 4 choices per team instead of just 2 masks.....if you can't get the authentic masks in the game - maybe go for a look similar to the masks worn by at least the top 20 or so goalies.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #10
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Rosters should be done exactly like MLB The Show handles them

Use a 3 year average for players to determine their ratings.....if a guy sucked in 2014 but was great in 2015 - he should be in the 80's for example

Implement roster sharing......use the vault system like The Show....player vault, orster vault, slider vault, etc

Maybe a goalie equipment vault?

I love that they have added some goalie equipment this year after release.....we need more of that and they need to be more accurate with the equipment - especially color schemes

More goalie masks.....give us 3 or 4 choices per team instead of just 2 masks.....if you can't get the authentic masks in the game - maybe go for a look similar to the masks worn by at least the top 20 or so goalies.
I've been asking for roster sharing for years on EA's forums. That's what makes a game like The Show great. Being able to DL teams from the 60's adds a lot of fun and re-playability. I'm still playing baseball, even though the season ended over a month ago.

Another thing I've asked for over the years is a goalie mask editor.

It's so simple too. It can be exactly like the pads. Give us 4-5 templates where we can change the zone colors and maybe be able to add a team logo to the crown and I'll be extremely happy.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #11
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
I've been asking for roster sharing for years on EA's forums. That's what makes a game like The Show great. Being able to DL teams from the 60's adds a lot of fun and re-playability. I'm still playing baseball, even though the season ended over a month ago.

Another thing I've asked for over the years is a goalie mask editor.

It's so simple too. It can be exactly like the pads. Give us 4-5 templates where we can change the zone colors and maybe be able to add a team logo to the crown and I'll be extremely happy.
I played The Show 13 until my PS3 died a few months ago. The game stayed great, and I could still get consistent roster updates. But, unlike EA's outings, I would have gladly bought the newest release, because they add nice features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #12
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Defensemen ratings are completed. Disclaimer: these are based on stats a few weeks old. I will get all players (forwards, defensemen, goalies) updated after I get the goalie ratings completed.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #13
Rookie

Just glimpsing over your defensive ratings, I would say that some of them are quite a bit off. Giordano's rating is much too low. As a Blues fan, he is definitely better than Bouwmeester. Brodie is also a bit lower than I would have him. Letang seems high to me, Shattenkirk is likely the best comparable to him, with Letang being slightly better. I'm not sure what Doughty has done to warrant the highest rating in the game. Since the Kings made the finals, he hasn't really shown any consistent ability to be considered undoubtedly the best. I'd have Kieth as the best, followed by Karlsson, and then Weber and Doughty.

The folks over at HF boards often rank the defensemen over the course of a few weeks one by one. This is what the current rankings are looking like. I would imagine that your ratings should reflect these rankings relatively closely since you are rating players by overalls rather than individual attributes right now.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1998217
Old 12-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #14
MVP

Great resource. I had no idea they did that over at HFBoards. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks a lot man.

As for Giordano - their whole team is a mess. They are all having down years, Giordano included. Last year he was a monster though so I have to account for this. The Flames were supposed to have one of the best defenses in the NHL this year, but they are finding themselves in the league's basement for goals against per game. Ouch.

As for the top 4 defensemen, I could agree about flip flopping Keith and Doughty, and I'd definitely have Weber as #2 or 3, but I'd put Karlsson below them. In my opinion, those other 3 play a bit more of a complete game than Karlsson. However, Karlsson does have the ability to play a better defensive game - he can actually be a solid PK guy - it's just that management/coaching has him heavily leaning towards his offensive game.

I will take those rankings into consideration though and revise the ratings. I will probably do the goalies first so I can have everything completed first. Then I will revise every player based off of recent performance and the comments I receive in here.

EDIT: I adjusted the defensemen ratings. Check them out and tell me what you think.

Last edited by Simple Mathematics; 12-18-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #15
Rookie

The top 20 or so look a lot better. Beyond that, I can't really speak too much since I just don't see enough of the other guys plays, other than St. Louis. With regards to that team, I think the top 4 look good, but I think Edmundson should be dropped a bit to be more on par with Lindbohm and Bortuzzo. As it currently stands, Lindbohm is getting the games over the other two. Edmundson was sent back down to the minors, and Bortuzzo is usually the guy in the press box. But this changes relatively often, so I'd have all 3 of them in that 67-68 range.

As for forwards, the ones that stick out as being a bit too high would be Stamkos and Toews. Since being separated from Martin St. Louis, Stamkos has produced at a much lower clip, and is currently on pace for the worst season since his rookie year.

Toews is clearly a good player and deserves a high ranking, but I find it difficult to say that he is currently the best forward in the game. He has elite two-way play, for sure. But he can't hold a candle to the top scorers in the league right now such as Seguin, Tarasenko, or Benn. I'd drop him to about a 93 honestly. Also, I may be biased since I am a Blues fan... As a counterpoint, Kopitar is an 89 overall on your rosters, but he and Toews are virtually the same player. Kopitar just gets significantly less publicity.

Last edited by StLHokie; 12-19-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #16
MVP

Thanks for the advice for Edmundson. For Toews, I think he is much better than Kopitar. Toews is the best defensive forward in the league in my opinion. He also has fantastic offensive ability - he just picks and chooses when to use it because he's always worried about defense first. (Maybe this has been because he has usually been on the same line as Kane and Kane is nowhere to be found on defense).

Who do you think the best forward in the world is? In my opinion, as you can see on the Google sheet, it is Toews.

By the way - goalie ratings are complete

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »