Home

NHL 16 Revamped Rosters - What It Would Have Been

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Revamped Rosters - What It Would Have Been within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #1
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
NHL 16 Revamped Rosters - What It Would Have Been

Hey everyone. As you all know, roster sharing is not an option this year. However, at the bottom of this post is a link to a Google spreadsheet with all of my NHL level forward rankings and overall ratings for each of them. I invite all of you to view them and provide your comments and criticisms. My ratings are based largely on this year's statistics so far, with previous years' statistics also coming in to play.

I want to make this a sort of community project. I want everybody's feedback and I will tweak the list. At the very least, hopefully a gamechanger could bring this up to the devs at one of their meetings. This would help give that ever elusive player separation that many of us are looking for.

When providing your feedback, please remember a few things. Please do not be a "homer" when commenting on a player(s) rating. Just because you like the Blue Jackets doesn't mean that every player on their team deserves an overall rating in the 90's. So try your best to be unbiased and to base your comments off of statistics. Also, please keep in mind EA's formula they use to determine the overall rating. A player who is good at shooting will typically have a higher overall than a player who is just good at faceoffs.

So please, once again, take a look at the link below and let me know your opinions!

(Defensemen and goalie rankings are to come)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t#gid=48081641

Last edited by Simple Mathematics; 12-08-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 04:42 AM   #2
Rookie

azy19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Revamped Rosters - What It Would Have Been

Crosby is way too high, even with his old accomplishments sharing the number one spot is a bit too much.

Even though I might be biased on this one I think Kuznetsov deserves an 88 ovr(my heart's telling me 89). He has a really good read of the game and has had a really good season so far. He has the least toi/g out of the the top 10 in points, 1 min and 15 sec after the 2nd to last.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azy19
Crosby is way too high, even with his old accomplishments sharing the number one spot is a bit too much.

Even though I might be biased on this one I think Kuznetsov deserves an 88 ovr(my heart's telling me 89). He has a really good read of the game and has had a really good season so far. He has the least toi/g out of the the top 10 in points, 1 min and 15 sec after the 2nd to last.
Thanks for the comments!

Yeah I want to get more opinions on Crosby. This is his first down year, and it's likely that it won't remain a down year. When you watch him it's not like he's lost it. He's a tough one, anyone else have an opinion?

And players like Kuznetsov, Draisaitl, and Hoffman are tough to gauge. It's their first year doing really well so I don't want to rate them too high. But still, they are absolutely lighting it up this year, so maybe they deserve higher. What does everyone else think?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #4
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Thanks for the comments!

Yeah I want to get more opinions on Crosby. This is his first down year, and it's likely that it won't remain a down year. When you watch him it's not like he's lost it. He's a tough one, anyone else have an opinion?

And players like Kuznetsov, Draisaitl, and Hoffman are tough to gauge. It's their first year doing really well so I don't want to rate them too high. But still, they are absolutely lighting it up this year, so maybe they deserve higher. What does everyone else think?
You certainly know tons more about EA's rosters than I do, but if you give the young guys lower awareness (and poise) ratings while still keeping the physical(SP, SA, Speed, etc.) rather high wouldn't it balance out the ratings?
Crosby shouldn't lose a lot based on one quarter of a bad season. Maybe -1 or -2 offensive awareness. If Crosby gets dinged then so should Stamkos. I would say Crosby is still as good (talent wise, not numbers wise) as Backstrom and Getzlaf and better than Krejci.

Hoffman seems kind of high, not sure if he should be higher than Bobby Ryan. Although the amount of Sens games I have seen is close to zero.

As far as homer picks, Palat should be ranked higher. He's the best two way player of the triplets and with Tyler Johnson having issues this season, might be the best of all 3. Palat's numbers have taken a hit due to his injuries. Right now, Johnson may be the worst of the Kucherov/Palat/Johnson line.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is an early xmas present for the hardcore. Thank you🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for this.

I think that maybe you should take into account people's homer suggestions. Only if they're reasonable, of course. There may be some intangibles concerning certain players that only fans of their teams would know.

Like the Rangers.

I would suggest a little boost to Dominic Moore. Like up to a 66. Same for Jarret Stoll as they're similar players. As far as Emerson Etem, he has a lot of potential, but hardly ever plays. He prob should be in the 65-64 range.

Last edited by Efbomb; 12-09-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
Thanks for this.

I think that maybe you should take into account people's homer suggestions. Only if they're reasonable, of course. There may be some intangibles concerning certain players that only fans of their teams would know.

Like the Rangers.

I would suggest a little boost to Dominic Moore. Like up to a 66. Same for Jarret Stoll as they're similar players. As far as Emerson Etem, he has a lot of potential, but hardly ever plays. He prob should be in the 65-64 range.
I am taking any and all suggestions. You gave great examples of very useful "homer" suggestions. Thank you very much, and I will definitely utilize them.

The "homer" suggestions I won't take into consideration are the ones like "Dude Stephen Gionta deserves higher!! He's the best penalty killer EVER and would score 100 goals if he got more ice time! He deserves a 92 overall! GO DEVILS!!!"
Old 12-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #8
MVP

For those who are interested, I am ranking the defensemen in the Google doc right now. You can come check it out and watch as the rankings go up. Just go to the link in the first post. Again, not sure if anybody would even be interested in this. Just letting you guys know.

Let me know if there is interest in this sort of thing and I will try to post in advance when I will be putting up the goalies and editing the overall ratings. I will try to update the rosters once every two weeks to keep things current.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »