Home

New tuner update? (12-23-2015)

This is a discussion on New tuner update? (12-23-2015) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New tuner update? (12-23-2015)

Yes I did notice some weird wonderful bounces felt like what real pucks would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I've only played one game.. but I was thinking the puck does seem more lively.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #11
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Yes, definitely better puck. Made for some great games. Really liking this tuner.

The game I just played had 3 goals. 1 was a batted out of mid air from a rebound. 1 was a deflection from a point shot. 1 was a one timer from the slot.

VARIETY!!!

I haven't had this much fun playing a hockey game since 2k10. I wasn't feeling like this about 2 months ago. But tip of the cap to EA for working on it and making it a good experience. Good stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #12
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

It doesn't seem livelier, it seems less arbitrary, which is a huge thing.

Very good tuner so far, I agree. Lotta fun.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Yes, definitely better puck. Made for some great games. Really liking this tuner.
I agree.

Only 2 games in with the new tuner, but I have noticed a few things so far, one as mentioned, I'm seeing the puck being more loose, it is bouncing off sticks when passes are made, one in particular, when I used to head man the puck to my teammate directly ahead of me, it seemed they always caught the pass and now it bounces away on occasion (and for the CPU as well), another one, is interceptions seem to bounce away on occasion for me and CPU. One thing not mentioned so far, that I've seen, is that the AI is dumping the puck from the neutral zone more often and not skating east-west forever. Only in one instance (in the 2 games) did the CPU skate from one side to the other but then carried the puck in without doubling back, whereas before the CPU would skate east-west numerous times. Other times, the CPU either found a way to skate it in or dumped it. This has created, IMHO, a more flowing game, more turnovers and a more realistic game. Not that it has happened often, but I've had some board play in the neutral zone as well, as a result of passes bouncing away from sticks. I don't remember having any board play in the neutral zone before. I played well over 200 games on NHL16 and I was getting to the point of maybe changing some sliders just to create a different feel. This tuner has created a different feel without me changing anything and for the better. Of course as always, your experience may differ depending on your style of play and settings.

Last edited by JonnyMoondog; 12-23-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #14
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack72
What it doesn't fix is when you are rushing up the ice with two AI team mates, and as soon as you hit the blue line, the AI team mates peel away to the bench or stay on the offensive blue line letting you go on to the net with no one to pass to, facing the defenseman and goalie alone.

The only way they catch up is when you do a wide circle back toward the blue line and then they start to head to the net.

This kills your offensive rushes.
Weird I have not had this happen ever. Maybe it has something to do with the sliders your using.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #15
Rookie

So do you guys come to these determinations using the sliders in the default positions? Or do the sliders not have any effect on the river updates? I have all my sliders changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #16
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

The gameplay definitely does feel different after the tuner—despite what the changelog lists. I guess it could be placebo, but things do feel looser. I've played a couple games and my shot totals for both teams are way down. I guess it could be an anomaly, but the scrappiness of the gameplay seems quite different in a good way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »