Home

New tuner update? (12-23-2015)

This is a discussion on New tuner update? (12-23-2015) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2015, 08:47 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: New tuner update? (12-23-2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Dare I say.. the tuners just keep getting better?

I just won a game 4-3 in OT and the whole game was just an amazing game! Really feels like a hockey game. I'm almost to the AS game in my BeaGM and they at least are showing stats before each game most of the time.

Just a fantastic hockey game.
You're killing me Miz!
I may end up buying NHL 16 again. I'm just concerned the legacy issues within this series will have me regretting a purchase.
My main gripe is that the CPU can do things the user can't.
I'm worried that if I see the CPU fire off a laser tape-to-tape pass by kicking the puck while being pinned, I'll throw my controller through my TV.
Also, passive CPU defense/pressure from teammates also drives me nuts.
I have the puck, and the CPU is all over me. It has the puck, and my CPU teammates wave hello as it skates around them.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #34
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Dare I say.. the tuners just keep getting better?

I just won a game 4-3 in OT and the whole game was just an amazing game! Really feels like a hockey game. I'm almost to the AS game in my BeaGM and they at least are showing stats before each game most of the time.

Just a fantastic hockey game.
Are you still seeing penalties? I haven't downloaded it yet because I'm gun shy and don't want to screw up what I have going.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Are you still seeing penalties? I haven't downloaded it yet because I'm gun shy and don't want to screw up what I have going.
Don't know about anyone else, but took 8 penalties with my CBJ in only game I've played on new tuner and had 5 PP myself. Actually was borderline too much with all the hooking, tripping, and charging calls. One delay of game too. Just one game keep in mind.

I play on 6 minute periods btw.

Enjoy the game. I have trouble scoring tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #36
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

I am on the fence of buying today with the sale going on, but penalties/special teams is critical for me. I have seen a lot of comments suggest the penalties are good now, but then I have also seen comments where some games you still have zero or one penalty. If that happens very rare, then not an issue, but if too common, that will still frustrate me.

Using Penguins as an example, I believe they have played 35 games this season and in only (1) game they had 1 PP. They seemed to have had (9) games with 2 PP and the rest of the games have been 3 PP and above. As long as the game has somewhat reasonable distribution like this, then I will absolutely buy.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #37
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Penalties are better with the last tuner. It used to be you would only see hooking and tripping penalties, and maybe the occasional accidental delay of game on a bad clear, but in the three games I've played so far, I saw my first charging penalty, and a checking from behind misconduct.

Stick checks are much more realistic, if you get your stuck on the puck, it's going to get poked free... No more ghosting through the puck with your stick.

AI dumps the puck a lot more and plays the forecheck much better (your AI teammates included).

Pucks bouncing off of the goaltender/boards/players/sticks looks incredibly realistic.

Maybe I just didn't notice it before, maybe it's just because I'm in the playoffs now in my GM mode, but the home crowd is doing chants a lot more, which is great for immersion.

Lots of goal variety now. My last game, I had a neat little wrap-around goal with Darren Helm off a weird-bounce turnover that just barely squirted through Carey Price's pads. Later, I made a nice move across the slot with Datsyuk which led to a backhander to the top shelf over Price's left shoulder. My last goal came on a rebound chance from Henrik Zetterberg.

Lots more bad inaccurate and mishandled passes too.

Playing on All-star hardcore 7 minute periods, by the way.

Last edited by mjavon; 12-29-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:28 AM   #38
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

I think penalties are pretty dependent on your game style. If you like to run around and crush people, poke spam, and stick-lift a lot, chances are you'll wind up with a lot of penalties. As for the CPU, I've seen games with no powerplays for me, and I've seen games with 10 powerplays for me. I think with more time per period (I play 6 minutes)—6 minutes and up—you get a fair share of penalties.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #39
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
I think penalties are pretty dependent on your game style. If you like to run around and crush people, poke spam, and stick-lift a lot, chances are you'll wind up with a lot of penalties. As for the CPU, I've seen games with no powerplays for me, and I've seen games with 10 powerplays for me. I think with more time per period (I play 6 minutes)—6 minutes and up—you get a fair share of penalties.
The CPU taking penalties has largely been my issue....my team ends up taking penalties because of my reckless play, but in the past the CPU would never do anything to cause a PP for me. Was your comments based on the latest tuner? I just fear buying this and in the end penalties still not where they need to be. I don't need a ton every game, but on average they need to be reasonable....can't play too many 0 or 1 PP games, just not something common in NHL.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #40
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
The CPU taking penalties has largely been my issue....my team ends up taking penalties because of my reckless play, but in the past the CPU would never do anything to cause a PP for me. Was your comments based on the latest tuner? I just fear buying this and in the end penalties still not where they need to be. I don't need a ton every game, but on average they need to be reasonable....can't play too many 0 or 1 PP games, just not something common in NHL.
Yep, latest tuner. Haven't seen that many 0-1 PP games... and I'm not playing with penalty sliders maxed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »