Home

New tuner update? (12-23-2015)

This is a discussion on New tuner update? (12-23-2015) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #41
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New tuner update? (12-23-2015)

I'm about 30 games in to my season and I'm averaging 4.02 pp a game and CPU against me is averaging 4.8 pps a game. I'm really happy with that number and variety so in afraid to mess it up but everyone seems to say the tuner is even better for gameplay so Im tempted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #42
Cupcake on your schedule

igolfbad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneller77
Don't know about anyone else, but took 8 penalties with my CBJ in only game I've played on new tuner and had 5 PP myself. Actually was borderline too much with all the hooking, tripping, and charging calls. One delay of game too. Just one game keep in mind.

I play on 6 minute periods btw.

Enjoy the game. I have trouble scoring tho.

Fellow CBJ fan here - this seems pretty accurate to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #43
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

I ended up purchasing and my first game did not have promising results...hopefully just a rare thing. My team had 1 PP, the CPU had 2 PP, playing on 8 Minutes with penalty sliders all maxed.

This was my fear....
Old 12-29-2015, 08:22 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
I ended up purchasing and my first game did not have promising results...hopefully just a rare thing. My team had 1 PP, the CPU had 2 PP, playing on 8 Minutes with penalty sliders all maxed.

This was my fear....
It varies greatly from game to game. I did find that if I cycle the puck or skate a la Patrick Kane in the O-zone, that I can draw penalties that way. Play a dozen games or so and see how the penalties average out for you.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:00 PM   #45
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
You're killing me Miz!
I may end up buying NHL 16 again. I'm just concerned the legacy issues within this series will have me regretting a purchase.
My main gripe is that the CPU can do things the user can't.
I'm worried that if I see the CPU fire off a laser tape-to-tape pass by kicking the puck while being pinned, I'll throw my controller through my TV.
Also, passive CPU defense/pressure from teammates also drives me nuts.
I have the puck, and the CPU is all over me. It has the puck, and my CPU teammates wave hello as it skates around them.
The CPU does a few things the human can't.. but I think it has to so it's competitive. The AI cannot make on the fly decisions like we can. Maybe someday... but I feel like the CPU AI is much improved from NHL 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 10:02 PM   #46
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Are you still seeing penalties? I haven't downloaded it yet because I'm gun shy and don't want to screw up what I have going.
Definitely... this is the first year I'm not last in PP or PK (total).
Old 12-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 4

Mizz, are you still leaving manual passing off?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2015, 08:43 AM   #48
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMoondog
It varies greatly from game to game. I did find that if I cycle the puck or skate a la Patrick Kane in the O-zone, that I can draw penalties that way. Play a dozen games or so and see how the penalties average out for you.
I played a number of more games and still did not get the results I desired for penalties....since others seem to be getting them, maybe it is just me and my playstyle that doesn't trigger them. But even if that is the case, I am not going to force myself to play the game in a certain way to get the penalties since I don't want to concentrate my time on trying to force something to happen.

Maybe next year.....at least it was cheaper

Question though....what are people seeing as the latest tuner number on the screen? I am wondering if the tuner is downloading properly. I was prompted to download the tuner and it said was updated successfully. But when I go into the settings screen, I only have two options...."Latest" and "1.00". I just would have thought a higher version number and maybe that is my problem. If that is not the latest, does anybody know how to force getting the latest tuner?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »