Home

New tuner update? (12-23-2015)

This is a discussion on New tuner update? (12-23-2015) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #57
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: New tuner update? (12-23-2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Like I said in a previous post, deking with a talented player seems to get the CPU to take more penalties. I average about 2 penalties a game drawn by dekes, (in addition to the other ones taken)
Thanks but as I have stated, I don't want to have to play the game a certain way in order to generate penalties. I would become obsessed with that and would take away from the game play. I am resigned to the fact this game is just not for me right now.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:57 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
Thanks but as I have stated, I don't want to have to play the game a certain way in order to generate penalties. I would become obsessed with that and would take away from the game play. I am resigned to the fact this game is just not for me right now.
That's what I thought at first, as well, when someone mentioned I needed to deke more. But, it's really not about adjusting your play style. I have found, that I just added occasional dekes to my style of play.

For instance, at a time where I would just skate by a defender, I deke around him. I still get by him the same, but it makes the CPU a bit more aggressive and careless with his stick, leading to more penalties.

It's not really adjusting your style of play, but rather incorporating something into that style of play occasionally.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:56 PM   #59
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

I should have trusted my gut instinct and skipped this tuner....I was having really good games with decent power play numbers in every game. Now I've played 6 games with this tuner and here are my power play numbers for me:
Game 1: 3 power plays
Game 2: 0 power plays
Game 3: 1 power play
Game 4: 5 power plays
Game 5: 0 power plays
Game 6: 1 power play

I went from averaging 4.2 power plays a game to averaging 1.7 power plays per game. So angry with myself for not leaving well enough alone. If these numbers continue may have to abandon my season after what was an awesome start. I so don't understand why the penalty feature, a major part of NHL hockey, is always so fragile and difficult in this series...sigh
Old 12-31-2015, 01:53 PM   #60
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

That is really odd. I just played a game where the AI tripped me twice for 2 penalties and a fresh 5 on 3.

I still see 6-8 some games and 2-4 in other games with this latest tuner.

I couldn't go back though.. that nasty major penalty issue was killing the game for me.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:05 PM   #61
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I should have trusted my gut instinct and skipped this tuner....I was having really good games with decent power play numbers in every game. Now I've played 6 games with this tuner and here are my power play numbers for me:
Game 1: 3 power plays
Game 2: 0 power plays
Game 3: 1 power play
Game 4: 5 power plays
Game 5: 0 power plays
Game 6: 1 power play

I went from averaging 4.2 power plays a game to averaging 1.7 power plays per game. So angry with myself for not leaving well enough alone. If these numbers continue may have to abandon my season after what was an awesome start. I so don't understand why the penalty feature, a major part of NHL hockey, is always so fragile and difficult in this series...sigh
Disappointing....but not surprised
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 4

I have no complaints about pp anymore on 7 minute periods.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2016, 12:21 AM   #63
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

That's what royally sucks.......once you try a new tuner - it's too late to go back to the previous one you enjoyed.

It's either the new tuner or default out of box tuner

I was having awesome games with the previous tuner and the skating, passing, puck control, deking felt perfect......I like the new tuner and it's still enjoyable, but it feels different skating wise and there's something different about the way my players gather the puck, move with the puck, etc.

I don't understand why EA can't give us the same method they had for the past few years where you could select your tuner

Am I wrong that the only option now is 1.00 (default) or 1.00 (Latest)? Does anyone have a way that I could get back to the tuner from late November / early December?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #64
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

This game and series remains an enigma to me. After feeling like the game changed, along with penalties, after this last tuner I decided to try and switch tuner from latest to 1.00. We all know they are one in the same but my game is back to playing as it did before in fact I just received a penalty I have never ever seen in the NHL series to date....a double minor for elbowing. Back to having fun....for now

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »