Home

Is NHL 16 Worth $25?

This is a discussion on Is NHL 16 Worth $25? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #9
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is NHL 16 Worth $25?

As someone that's extremely picky, and definitely a bit vocal about my issues with the NHL series, and NHL16 in particular (I sat out NHL15 after buying every one of them, most on opening day, since NHL07) I would say that it's definitely worth the price at $25, especially if you're a more casual player.

I give everyone the same message when people are asking about NHL 16. If there were things you took issue with before in terms of gameplay or missing features (NHL15 excluded, since it was missing a ton) then it's likely still here. I find myself being frustrated with the same nagging issues that have bugged me for a while now.

That said, once you get your sliders set to your liking, the gameplay can be pretty fun. I'll admit I've had some fun games. The playoffs have been fun for the Blues (though I may need to adjust the difficult a bit. We've won against the Hawks 4-2, same the next round against Minnesota. Just beat the Stars 4-1) but I've managed to make the gameplay look pretty realistic, with a decent number of missed shots and chances. Still want to tone down the hitting, but it can be enjoyable, and sometimes decently challenging. About 5 of those 12 wins were me scraping out a come from behind win in the 3rd. Only 2 games have been absolute blowouts, and I've been blown-out twice myself.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:40 AM   #10
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Reading through this forum convinced me to jump on this sale. I don't care to watch hockey in real life, but I've had fun with games in the past. Hopefully this is alright. It should last me for several years if it is.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #11
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Reading through this forum convinced me to jump on this sale. I don't care to watch hockey in real life, but I've had fun with games in the past. Hopefully this is alright. It should last me for several years if it is.
Careful. That's how the addiction starts.

I used to casually play NHL06 with friends...now I'm watching every Blues game, playing fantasy hockey, watching random teams I don't even care about, pouring over trade news as the deadline gets near, and I forgot to mention, learning to actually play hockey in real life...

It's like some weird disease. Once it's in your blood, it spreads pretty quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #12
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Careful. That's how the addiction starts.

I used to casually play NHL06 with friends...now I'm watching every Blues game, playing fantasy hockey, watching random teams I don't even care about, pouring over trade news as the deadline gets near, and I forgot to mention, learning to actually play hockey in real life...

It's like some weird disease. Once it's in your blood, it spreads pretty quickly.
Lol. Doubt I catch the bug, but this game is a ton of fun. It controls very well. I remember playing a demo a few years ago and not really liking it too much, but I really like how this feels. Hope to check out online later on today.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #13
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I used to watch hockey a lot, but then I stopped because of working weird hours. Recently started watching hockey again and this is going to be my first hockey video game since the 90s. I was itching for a good deal on this game and $25 is good enough for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »