Home

I have the latest tuner, major penalty glitch happened again.

This is a discussion on I have the latest tuner, major penalty glitch happened again. within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
I have the latest tuner, major penalty glitch happened again.

So I'm playing the Preds, having a great game as I'm getting my sliders worked out. Shattenkirk takes a boarding major and life goes on as Nashville ties the score up at two. First intermission goes by and a few minutes into the second period I take a tripping call and notice it says I'm down two men for the next two minutes. Now shattenkirks penalty had expired and I go to look at the boxscore to check if there was another penalty that the presentation failed to mention. Nope, just the tripping minor to Brodziak.

I proceeded to play the remainder of the second period shorthanded before deciding that was stupid and i shut the game off after taking a timeout to see if that would correct the issue.

I thought the latest patch was supposed to have fixed that glitch

Guess I'll just have to save after every game (which is something we should be doing anyhow) in case this occurs again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #2
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I have the latest tuner, major penalty glitch happened again.

I honestly don't think they fixed it they just toned down penalties all together. I was averaging 4+ pps a game now I'm just averaging 2. I used to get charging, elbowing, and boarding calls on the CPU now I'm really only getting hooking and tripping. I've noticed the CPU is less aggressive with hitting, poke checking, and using their stick. I also notice My controlled players don't cream the guy from behind as much. More often then not if I go in hard they just end up pinning the guy to the boards. My games are still good but I'm regretting downloading the tuner from a penalty aspect. I guess EAs answer to that problem was just make it less likely to take the penalty that would cause the bug.

Their first patch was supposed to address the puck getting hung up on the CPU net when the CPU player handles it back there.....still happens a dozen times a game for me
Old 01-14-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

So this is just the way it is? They can't/won't fix it, but will lower the amount of penalties instead? Wow. Okay.

I'm not gonna let it get me down bc the game is great, I'll just save after every game and shut down the console and replay the same game if it occurs again.

Pretty stupid, though.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
So this is just the way it is? They can't/won't fix it, but will lower the amount of penalties instead? Wow. Okay.

I'm not gonna let it get me down bc the game is great, I'll just save after every game and shut down the console and replay the same game if it occurs again.

Pretty stupid, though.
I'm just speculating on that but it's how it seems to me. Out if curiosity what console are you on. I'm on PS4 and never had that bug but clearly your not the only one and I wonder if it's only on xbox one.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #5
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Xbox One. I'm wondering if it'll happen every time or not. If it's in the last ten minutes of a game, I'll probably just live with it. But there's no way I'm playing a large portion of a game shorthanded or on a powerplay.I know one thing, going forward I'll be very careful about hitting anyone from behind.

I'll be interested to see if it occurs one hundred percent of the time going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »