Home

NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #17
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Cool. The new sweaters are actually a bit of a surprise.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #18
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

Anyone download the tuner? Curious to how it plays. Hesitant to download it. As it might mess with my slider set.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #19
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I guess that patch installs on XB1 even if you're not around. I didn't get a prompt but I did get the new tuner message.

Anyway.. first game with new tuner (only 4 games left in my first season, played every game) and after just one game, penalties seem to be back again, total of 8 in my game. Take this with a grain of salt, but the game was really "loose" and I did see more player separation as lower line players had trouble putting passes on tape and shots were going wide. Need more games, obviously.. but I like it so far. Oh, I beat Boston, 2-0 but the goalies were great and the D on Boston chased me around more than usual.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:25 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I guess that patch installs on XB1 even if you're not around. I didn't get a prompt but I did get the new tuner message.

Anyway.. first game with new tuner (only 4 games left in my first season, played every game) and after just one game, penalties seem to be back again, total of 8 in my game. Take this with a grain of salt, but the game was really "loose" and I did see more player separation as lower line players had trouble putting passes on tape and shots were going wide. Need more games, obviously.. but I like it so far. Oh, I beat Boston, 2-0 but the goalies were great and the D on Boston chased me around more than usual.
I just got the game and was on tuner 1.04 and already I saw more player separation than I have in a long time.
Several crap players bobbling passes, firing wide, or having passes picked off.
Hearing that there's even more separation is music to my ears.

The penalties were pretty good before, but I had to laugh at some of the tripping penalties.
In one, my dman went to pinch to keep a loose puck in the zone. During the race for the puck, I cut off an oncoming forward. He kind of stumbled over my shin guard as I beat him to the puck. He didn't even go down, but I still got a tripping penalty, haha.
It was ridiculous, but I couldn't even be that mad as I found it kind of humorous.

I'll be dl'ing this patch tonight and looking forward to it.
I still need to pick a team, but I'm leaning towards the Canadiens.
One question (it's been a while since I've played GM mode in this series), but can I start a season at the 2016 draft and then edit the selections?
I'm basically asking if I can pick a team and force Auston Matthews on my club?
Old 02-12-2016, 08:23 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I just got the game and was on tuner 1.04 and already I saw more player separation than I have in a long time.

The penalties were pretty good before, but I had to laugh at some of the tripping penalties.
In one, my dman went to pinch to keep a loose puck in the zone. During the race for the puck, I cut off an oncoming forward. He kind of stumbled over my shin guard as I beat him to the puck. He didn't even go down, but I still got a tripping penalty, haha.
It was ridiculous, but I couldn't even be that mad as I found it kind of humorous.

One question (it's been a while since I've played GM mode in this series), but can I start a season at the 2016 draft and then edit the selections?
good to hear.
have to fire this up again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #22
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Still haven't fixed the cumulative goals in GM mode....
Old 02-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #23
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Was fearful of downloading anything but I downloaded patch and new tuner. I think there is something wrong with me, I might be a masochist...lol. My games were great but they are even better now. I am noticing a little player seperation and the stars make some sweet plays. I also feel the CPU neutral zone play is better as I find I need to dump and chase more. The CPU killed penalties a little smarter too. Instead of chasing my man all the way behind my net after they clear the puck, the CPU peeled back and awaited my break out. Puck physics seem better. More loose pucks and I'm seeing pucks bounce and roll on end.

I had restarted my season a little while back because of a botched tuner and I'm only 18 games in but now I'm glad that happened because I'm looking forward to playing it out even more now. I do wish they added the new Bauer pads and corrected the season stat thing but overall excellent job EA
Old 02-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #24
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

I'm not sure off hand if you can do that or not, I don't think so.. but I do remember at one time, maybe old gen.. you could start pre-draft (unless that was Madden).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »