Home

NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2016, 09:28 PM   #49
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 16 Patch 1.05 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
With the research i have done and reading various posts from different website I will give this a shot and try to explain.

As far a I can tell The ATTRIBUTE slider give every player a bump in ALL attributes across the board. So with attribute slider all the way up all attributes are boosted. So with this slider at zero it makes every player, play to their assigned number.

Trust me try it for 10 games and you will see the 4th liners miss the net from 5ft in front of the net and the true snipers pick a corner from the top of the slot..

This patch/tuner update is by far the best.

I will NEVER play another NHL series without the Attribute slider at zero

hope this helps!!
Would be nice to get an explanation. I always thought that at 0 all players played pretty much the same, least separation.

At 3, the players play to their actual attributes.

And 6 exaggerates attributes to create separation on way or the other.

Would be nice to know for sure. Either way, this game is playing amazing for me at this given time. For the first time since NHL 99, I'd recommend an EA hockey game. Highly recommend.

Now get me back some online coop and we're really in business.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:51 PM   #50
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Would be nice to get an explanation. I always thought that at 0 all players played pretty much the same, least separation.

At 3, the players play to their actual attributes.

And 6 exaggerates attributes to create separation on way or the other.

Would be nice to know for sure. Either way, this game is playing amazing for me at this given time. For the first time since NHL 99, I'd recommend an EA hockey game. Highly recommend.

Now get me back some online coop and we're really in business.
This is correct. An EA guy (Redshirt) that used to post on here and help out answered this a year or two ago. 0 makes all players play the same and max exaggerates all attributes. EAs default is usually 4-5 but at 3 is where all players will play to their actual attributes. No other slider has any effect on attributes but this one. That said everyone needs to find their happy place. Hope this helps.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:45 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
This is correct. An EA guy (Redshirt) that used to post on here and help out answered this a year or two ago. 0 makes all players play the same and max exaggerates all attributes. EAs default is usually 4-5 but at 3 is where all players will play to their actual attributes. No other slider has any effect on attributes but this one. That said everyone needs to find their happy place. Hope this helps.
Good info, assuming it's still accurate. Odd, then, that the Hardcore preset (which is supposed to be the most "sim") would exaggerate the attributes (not to the maximum effect, but close).

Might be worth playing a few games at 0 to get a baseline for how the game plays, and then work the attributes into it from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 06:45 AM   #52
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Good info, assuming it's still accurate. Odd, then, that the Hardcore preset (which is supposed to be the most "sim") would exaggerate the attributes (not to the maximum effect, but close).

Might be worth playing a few games at 0 to get a baseline for how the game plays, and then work the attributes into it from there.
It's a weird scale. At 6, it essentially makes a 90+ rating a 100. At 5 it makes 85+ ratings play close to a 90 level. Something along those lines. The reason it is so high on hardcore is because it is an attempt to separate the glut of 80 to 85 rated players in the default roster.

I may not have the figures correct but that is the sliders essential function. I've always thought about it as "how much attributes affect gameplay" at 0 everyone is the same and at 6 the stars are superhuman.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #53
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

I struggle to stick with a number for this slider, as well as the aggression slider. For this one, I always go back and forth between 0 and 3. At 0, there is a more even-keeled game going on. At 3, it seems as though the CPU continuously tries to go for that cross ice one-timer. It also speeds up the game. Cross crease one timers happen a lot less often at 0, though.

For aggression, I go from 0 to 5. I'm tired of the defense backing into their own goalie. My teammates, as well as the cpu opponents back-in way too much.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:15 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 0

Here is an old quote from Redshirt about the attribute effect slider.

So if I'm reading it correctly sounds like 3 is where it should be set? Then again maybe it's changed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA

As a general rule the sliders don't nullify the attribute effects except the Attribute Effect slider (or whatever it is called these days). At zero that one makes everyone the same. At the high end it also makes high attributes get maxed out, so it will squash up the top end players (e.g. 95 will be similar to a 99) while spreading out worse players. The default is set one notch from the top (as on NHL13), so attributes are exaggerated a bit. Dropping it a notch or two below the default will give a more full spread in effective attribute values, when it is in the middle the numbers aren't warped at all.

Quote:

So if I understand this correctly, if the attribute effect slider is at 3, then the players will play according to their ratings.

3 counting from 0, yes.

Last edited by Will I Am; 02-16-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

But who knows if that is still valid. It's been so long ago. Only EA has the explanation. Still no reply from EA or Rammer.

Last edited by sweetjones; 02-16-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #56
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

It's amazing to me that there's no manuals. Help file. Something, anywhere to help explain the exact changes these sliders make. It's really not that hard for them to explain that in great detail somewhere, not as generic and vaguely as they do.

As for the tuner and patch, this is most fun I've had playing this game. I'm impressed. There's some balance, there's missed passes and shots, there's CPU penalties.

Now, if they could only fix the AI so that guys don't super humanly quickly pass the puck before I pin them to the boards, or throw a hit. And fix the AI so that my controlled player doesn't "slide off of", or warp around their player as if he's an immovable object in an animation because he's completing one of those magically quick unrealistic tape to tape passes I'd be happy. Seeing the CPU guys invincible stuck in certain deeks, passes, shots etc. other animations, is one of the few things left I see that makes me want to throw my controller through my TV.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »