Home

Need some help with setting breakouts

This is a discussion on Need some help with setting breakouts within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need some help with setting breakouts

Hi there,

I seem to be having troubles with making my CPU teammates realize that the red line rule was abolished a long time ago. In other words, I want my wingers to speed up right to the blue line when I pick up the puck in my D-zone so that I could spring them and get into the OZ very quickly.

Right now no matter which quick breakout style I choose they don't ever cross the red line, when they get to it they drop speed and then, which is the worst part of it, they just turn around to face my own net if they aren't passed the puck quick enough.

By the quick breakout styles I mean "close support", "stay wide", "three high". Maybe there is something else I have to adjust? Please, give me some help here. This AI behavior is seriously hampering my offensive capabilities.

Last edited by iCake; 04-15-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Need some help with setting breakouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCake
Hi there,

I seem to be having troubles with making my CPU teammates realize that the red line rule was abolished a long time ago. In other words, I want my wingers to speed up right to the blue line when I pick up the puck in my D-zone so that I could spring them and get into the OZ very quickly.

Right now no matter which quick breakout style I choose they don't ever cross the red line, when they get to it they drop speed and then, which is the worst part of it, they just turn around to face my own net if they aren't passed the puck quick enough.

By the quick breakout styles I mean "close support", "stay wide", "three high". Maybe there is something else I have to adjust? Please, give me some help here. This AI behavior is seriously hampering my offensive capabilities.
There are other options. I usually go stay wide and on the other menu "blue to blue" and if I put it on All out Attack it usually works pretty well for me. Try that.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Need some help with setting breakouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
There are other options. I usually go stay wide and on the other menu "blue to blue" and if I put it on All out Attack it usually works pretty well for me. Try that.
Your advice was gold, although I made a few alterations I now use "full attack/agressive", "stay wide", "three high". That seems to produce the exact result I was hoping for. I've already scored a bunch of goals off the rush in on-line versus, now I'm playing off of counter attacks, they work like knife through butter. Thanks man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »