Home

NHL 17 Wishlist: Features We'd Love to See

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Wishlist: Features We'd Love to See within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2016, 08:22 PM   #41
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3
The first reveal was excellent, and has my hopes up. I'd most like to see sliders that work, custom music, and more player editing features. You touched on Be a Pro, one thing I'd love to see is my player's home. maybe start in a small apartment, then upgrade as you get more famous and have more money. You can earn trophies, and swag to decorate the place. I think they had something like this in the old 2K football games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #42
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 Wishlist: Features We'd Love to See

for EASHL

I would like to see this:

1. bring back editing your attributes...I was all for the change and making it a level field but I found myself not playing as much now on my own in drop in games in the EASHL if at all ever because there was no point.. before I would always play games trying to level up and now I only played when club got together.. I think bringing back editing your attributes has far more positives than negatives.. first of it.. just being able to edit your guy and if your like me I did it constantly.. is a fun part of the game. and second it is something to play games for to keep you more interested.. and 3rd.. it's nice to able to put attributes in areas you think the game sucks in or your guy needs help in.. and customize to your liking

2. up checking.. I don't want the over hyped arcade like checking where you can check from behind and stuff.. but I also don't want the tone checking as it stands currently. the checking in the early days of the EASHL was for greater than it was today imo

3. tone down poke checking

4. adjust shooting.. for example. the shot for snipers should be more like the norm for the other player builds

5. add more puck control some..

6. create practice rink for all clubs members to be in at the same time to shoot around and practice against eachother..

overall.. there needs to be more goals.

and bring back the fun. I'm all for realism.. but the latest EASHL is NOT as fun as it use to be and I think the things I mentioned is the main reasons why... maybe I am the only one.. but I rather play EASHL versions 09 - 11 than the 16. I think it needs to go more back to it's roots and what it made it so great to begin with

Last edited by stevostl; 06-01-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #43
Rookie

- seasonal players stats in HUT
- more team stats (both seasonal/total)
- custom online leagues in HUT/versus
Old 06-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Mentioned this in the NHL 17 info thread, but it probably belongs here.

1. Online management capability.
Give the user full managerial access to their team from any PC so you can make off-ice changes.
Then when I get home and fire the game up, it will automatically download these changes so all I need to do is play the game.

2. For online leagues, upload all information so we can see stats, standings, schedules, transactions, news, etc from a web browser.
I'm in an OOTP league and I swear I burn 2 hours a day just looking at boxscores, transactions, nitpicking my roster, etc...

Something like that might push people to actually use the online GM mode.

As far as gameplay, most of what I want is covered here.
But if I can add another, have some sort of auto-puck-control for when I level a player and want to coral the friggin' puck so I can take advantage of a turnover I just created with a body check.
It's so frustrating to knock someone over, only to see them get up, control the puck and skate on their marry way like nothing happened.
Meanwhile, my guy is trying to step over the downed opponent and searching for the puck before being left in the dust.

Last edited by Money99; 06-06-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:11 PM   #45
Rookie

ChubbyD's Arena

OVR: 1

One more quick little nugget that has to do with commentary - I play 3-game series in the playoffs and play as many of the games as time allows. So I go into game 2 of the Final last night, Washington up 1-0 on Chicago. And Doc and Eddie talk about Game 4, and how hard it is to come back from down 3-0 and the Hawks are on the verge of being swept.

I get why it's like that, but add in some commentary with respect to 3 and 5 games series. If I remember right, they already have some single elimination-type commentary for the single game series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #46
Rookie

redslumber's Arena

Frostbite Engine.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #47
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by redslumber
Frostbite Engine.
PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASE
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 06-10-2016, 12:50 PM   #48
Rookie

How about bringing back the winter classic !!, step 2 changing the pre game intro and chasing the commentary get some Canadian broadcast guys to do it, the abc stuff is trash for hockey, its only good for the nba !!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »