Home

International Jerseys

This is a discussion on International Jerseys within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5
International Jerseys

I'm watching the WHC and I wish EA would add the jerseys for the international teams and update the rosters each year to at least include the 16 teams that take part each year. The biggest killer for playing with the international squads is having to look at the completely ridiculous jerseys with a big flag on the front. There are so many great international uniforms, most of the top nations have outstanding uniforms like the 3 crowns on the Swedish uniforms, and even the less successful nations like Germany have some pretty awesome uniforms.

Is there ever going to be a point where EA can give us these jerseys? Its not like they change frequently, most countries wear their olympic unis still (Denmark, Swiss, Slovakia) or resort back to their normal uniforms (Canada)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
Rookie

azy19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: International Jerseys

Sadly they don't have the license to use IIHF jerseys and logos. But with the World Cup of Hockey, which is organized by the NHL, coming up in September EA have already announced that there will be a gamemode for it in NHL 17. In the "Vision" trailer you get a glimpse of the mode and you can see the REAL logos for the 8 teams participating in the tournament(Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, Team North America and Team Europe) which should guarantee the real jerseys aswell. The sad part is that there probably wont be authentic jerseys for the rest of the international teams, if they're even included at all.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Until the IIHF gives up the license, no, EA will continue with their generic uniform. And I wouldn't count on it changing anytime soon, the IIHF is notoriously strict with stuff like this. I feel if EA could get them, they would've a long time ago
Old 05-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I won't go down my usual rabbit hole of "I wish we could just create our own and import them" but I really hope that EA gets rid of the teams that don't really compete, and puts in some of the teams that made the Olympics most recently.

As much as I love playing Canada vs Japan, it's only fun for about 5 minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »