Home

Home ice advantage - last change

This is a discussion on Home ice advantage - last change within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #9
Rookie

ChubbyD's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Home ice advantage - last change

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm almost certain it wasn't. Anyone else remember?
I barely remember it either. It was definitely there in the 90s versions, I remember that vividly. But someone reminded me that it was still there up until 2012 or 2013, when online became the go-to mode. See this thread here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...shlist-16.html In any event, it needs to come back. It is a must-have from my perspective.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

It was in there until NHL 13 or so. Losing it was a major blow, in my opinion. That's losing a key strategic part of the game.

It was telling though, how few of the people complaining about how sim the needed to be never noticed it. It never comes up.

But u have no idea how someone wanting a sim game wouldn't be upset that they could not match their lines during home games. It helped keep your lines fresh, you third line checking the other team's top line, and so on. If my opponent has a 4th line out, I'd like to decide if I want my top line in to take advantage, or use it to rest them. And that might depend on where the faceoff is.

Glad to see someone bringing this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #11
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The developers have said before that they don't want last change in the game because they believe it would unbalance the online play and make people quit the matchup screen until they get randomly assigned to the home side.

The funny thing is that people already do just that to get the host internet connection since online versus is using a peer-to-peer connection system.
It's really awesome to hear how something that actually happens in the real game can't happen in the video game because it would affect the online community.

Terrible excuse. Its like taking a realistic part of football and removing it because the tournament players will complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Man, I seriously don't remember last change at all and can't believe it was in. I can even remember trying to change your line during a certain post-fight cutscene would freeze the game.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

The way it worked was that when you saw the lines before a faceoff, you could change your line. Now you have to change your line before the lines are shown.

Once you start using it, it is addictive as heck. Without it is like picking a lineup in baseball without being told who the opposing pitcher is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »