Home

E3 EA press conference

This is a discussion on E3 EA press conference within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
E3 EA press conference

Not only they did not show any NHL17 footage, the game was not even mentioned.
FIFA and Madden were talked a lot.
This shows you how little important the game is to EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: E3 EA press conference

Technically they did show NHL 17 footage. It was in a montage near the end of the event.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
Rookie

I just rewatched the last minute of the conference and yeah there is a 2 second clip of a goal celebration. Still sad. I don't think they even pronounced the game's title anyway.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpxgalaxy
Not only they did not show any NHL17 footage, the game was not even mentioned.
FIFA and Madden were talked a lot.
This shows you how little important the game is to EA.
Bummer, but I'm not surprised.
Madden and FIFA generate a lot more money than NHL. And those two sports are a lot more popular overall than hockey.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Bummer, but I'm not surprised.
Madden and FIFA generate a lot more money than NHL. And those two sports are a lot more popular overall than hockey.
Goes both ways, spend money marketing the game, and maybe it would sell more. You see non stop commerials for Madden and FIFA all year with famous celebrities and everything in it. You rarely see anything for NHL. Its like their reasoning behind no gm connected, "well the mode just wasnt played enough" while completely ignoring the fact that it wasnt played because it took 45 minutes to advance week to week. I have friends that never liked soccer in their life, grew up playing hockey, still play mens league, refuse to play NHL because the game is a steaming pile of sh*t compared to FIFA and other games. Its no ones fault but their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 08:07 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Goes both ways, spend money marketing the game, and maybe it would sell more. You see non stop commerials for Madden and FIFA all year with famous celebrities and everything in it. You rarely see anything for NHL. Its like their reasoning behind no gm connected, "well the mode just wasnt played enough" while completely ignoring the fact that it wasnt played because it took 45 minutes to advance week to week. I have friends that never liked soccer in their life, grew up playing hockey, still play mens league, refuse to play NHL because the game is a steaming pile of sh*t compared to FIFA and other games. Its no ones fault but their own.
LOL, I understand.
They certainly could do more to promote it. In the beginning, the NHL series sold as much, or more than Madden.
I was shocked to hear that.

Re: your friends, I'm assuming they're a lot like me and other OS members. BECAUSE we're such big hockey fans, we expect the game to play like real hockey. When it doesn't, we get disappointed and refuse to buy it.
It's why dummy's like me enjoy FIFA, PES or NBA2K. I know nothing about soccer or basketball so I don't know what a realistic soccer or basketball game should look like.
(not saying those games aren't realistic. Just saying I enjoy them for the pure fun factor while being ignorant to their imperfections when it comes to real life comparisons).
Old 06-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #7
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
LOL, I understand.
They certainly could do more to promote it. In the beginning, the NHL series sold as much, or more than Madden.
I was shocked to hear that.

Re: your friends, I'm assuming they're a lot like me and other OS members. BECAUSE we're such big hockey fans, we expect the game to play like real hockey. When it doesn't, we get disappointed and refuse to buy it.
It's why dummy's like me enjoy FIFA, PES or NBA2K. I know nothing about soccer or basketball so I don't know what a realistic soccer or basketball game should look like.
(not saying those games aren't realistic. Just saying I enjoy them for the pure fun factor while being ignorant to their imperfections when it comes to real life comparisons).
Yup, I dont know how you can feel good about this series lately if youre any kind of actual hockey fan that knows a little about the game.

And I share your feelings about FIFA. I hate soccer, Ill watch the World Cup but thats about it. But FIFA is the most fun game to play IMO(Out of EA Sports games). Partially because I probably dont notice problems that I would notice in games of sports im more familiar with, but partially because the game and the controls just feel so much better. FIFA doesnt cater to little johnny dangles who couldnt figure out how to do spin moves or dekes so they just made it a button to do it. If you wanna do some cool stuff in FIFA, you have to learn the buttons. Not everyone can do everything, and thats how it should be. NHL is too busy catering to some casual fan base that barely plays the game.

Last edited by mikeq672; 06-16-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:44 PM   #8
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

NHL is not and will never be a major player at E3. The sport itself is secondary to the NFL, and FIFA is a world audience.

You have to know the role of sports games in this world. NHL was at EA Play but there is no chance you see it in the EA conference.

Means absolutely nothing about the game.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »