Home

NHL 17 Franchise "BaGM" Mode

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Franchise "BaGM" Mode within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NHL 17 Franchise "BaGM" Mode

Hi

Obviously lots of us care about this mode and it's also probably the sole reason we'll buy the game, if we'll buy it. So, Let's get out all the info we know about this precious mode down here.

What does it have that NHL 16 doesn't?

- You can relocate. (mark my words, the game will force you to relocate your favorite team "just because it's not working in your favorite city financially" even if it works in RL.)
- You can create a team.
- You can manage ticket prices, etc.

What important aspects is it still missing?

I, for example, would like to know if there is any sort of player training system or if players will develop the same way they've always developed. Then does this mean that drafting players on later rounds is almost useless? We all know the first picks develop to their 90's in the first season and the rest slower - which to be fair is unrealistic and not fun.

What I'm also interested in knowing is the simulation. In Nhl 16 it was completely random whether your team would win or lose or go on a roll of winning or losing. Overall stats didn't matter, basically at all. You could put in a lot of rookies and end up in playoffs. Or you could play with elite teams and be one of the worst teams in the league.

Please share everything you know!

Last edited by NinthFall; 06-23-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 11:56 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 17 Franchise "BaGM" Mode

I hope there are customized conferences. If we move the Coyotes east, they can't stay in the west.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
I hope there are customized conferences. If we move the Coyotes east, they can't stay in the west.
Id bet any amount of money that they did not consider that
Old 06-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
What I'm also interested in knowing is the simulation. In Nhl 16 it was completely random whether your team would win or lose or go on a roll of winning or losing. Overall stats didn't matter, basically at all. You could put in a lot of rookies and end up in playoffs. Or you could play with elite teams and be one of the worst teams in the league.
This is simply not true. I did alot of simulation in NHL 16 and the first year EVERY time I simmed a season, roughly the same teams went to the playoffs and the Penguins won the cup probably 7 out of 10 times.

It's not completely random man. If it was random, then players like Seguin, Crosby, Benn and others wouldn't get a ton of goals every single year, especially Seguin.

I helped another person on the NHL forums here about their team and this was back in April and I told him the Penguins won the Stanley Cup in my first year in my franchise. And you see what happened in real life.

Here is my post: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048150420

Last edited by extremeskins04; 06-26-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:29 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

I hope you can generate a roster and fantasy draft with all fictional players.

hoping stats are more random.
Id like to see the occasional 160 point season if the players attributes are good enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
Rookie

I saw a post from a guy on twitter talk about fixing the blank faces. Imagine all the blank faces being replaced with in-game faces like in Be A Pro. Love that idea!

Now when you draft your guys you can see them up close and personal. Wish EA Vancouver would take the time to program this in before it goes gold.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:42 AM   #7
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1074
I saw a post from a guy on twitter talk about fixing the blank faces. Imagine all the blank faces being replaced with in-game faces like in Be A Pro. Love that idea!

Now when you draft your guys you can see them up close and personal. Wish EA Vancouver would take the time to program this in before it goes gold.

I have wanted this for a long time. It sucks seeing a bunch of blank faces when you're like 8 years deep in BaGM.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:39 AM   #8
Rookie

God I hope there is at least player training if the development system is the same. I hate nothing more than seeing real life rising stars stay the same overall forever and not being able to do a thing about it.

Or you can try to edit potentials - which feels like cheating and also then you will end up having some random roster players with huge potential or low potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »