Home

NHL 17 Hands-On Preview (Sportsnet)

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Hands-On Preview (Sportsnet) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2016, 07:58 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 Hands-On Preview (Sportsnet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Game looks like it will be a waste of time.

NHL13 + revamped for another year,
Hey mate, i know it's offtopic but could you please PM the NHL 13 revamp roster you're using?
Old 07-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #18
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
So as an offline franchise gamer these are the 3 improvements I can see.

1. Something about net battles.
2. New goalie animations.
3. Being able to control food prices that stopped being interesting in Madden at least 3 years ago.

There is no...
1. Improved board play
2. Shareable rosters.
3. Team and player differentiation.
4. Neutral zone improvements
5. Making playing defense more varied and interesting.
Pretty much sums it up. For me, #3 is the dumbest feature I've ever heard of. I'm a GM, I don't set hot dog/beer prices, nor should I care about them.

It's the only hockey game though, so like a robot I'll purchase day 1 and hope for the best.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:36 PM   #19
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

Uhh...what's the issue putting Auston Matthews on the World Cup roster in the game? He was already in NHL 16 on his Swiss team. Since the rosters at launch are typically from last season with junior teams anyway, what's the issue? During the most recent season he was a player in a league EA has rights to. Leaving him off would be pure laziness.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:24 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
Uhh...what's the issue putting Auston Matthews on the World Cup roster in the game? He was already in NHL 16 on his Swiss team. Since the rosters at launch are typically from last season with junior teams anyway, what's the issue? During the most recent season he was a player in a league EA has rights to. Leaving him off would be pure laziness.
Most likely cause he's not a member of the NHLPA and the licensing to the World Cup is tied up with the PA somehow.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #21
Pro

For me, we're at the point where if NHL18 doesn't have players that feel different and behave differently on the ice - as in different skating strides and puck handling styles and such - I don't think I'll be able to justify buying again. The gameplay itself is in need of attention. Not concession price mini games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #22
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

It is undeniable that the team and game has made significant strides; whether those strides are for good or for bad is up to each gamer's opinion. A major problem is that we can look at old videos (remember that great 2BC vid? & a couple of mine) about problems in the game and see that they are still there. While the game has changed in a lot of ways (again, for good or bad is your call), it has remained the same in others, on both a large and small scale.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:50 AM   #23
Rookie

LousyJackRanga's Arena

I am hoping that they add a search function when looking for a specific type of player, similar to what they had in the last gen version. It was a horrible waste of time searching the rosters of every team to find the player you needed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #24
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
For me, we're at the point where if NHL18 doesn't have players that feel different and behave differently on the ice - as in different skating strides and puck handling styles and such - I don't think I'll be able to justify buying again. The gameplay itself is in need of attention. Not concession price mini games.
Im at that point already, and I pretty much know Ill be disappointed. Im sick of spending 60 dollars on tuner upgrades while the core of the game doesnt change at all. This is my last year buying unless the game plays a lot better. I still pop in NHL 16 from time to time and Ill be damned if it doesnt disappoint every single time, game is such a steaming pile of garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »