Home

NHL 17 Players Faces List

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Players Faces List within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2017, 01:41 PM   #73
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 17 Players Faces List

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Intresting to get some insight on what EA is thinking abt this a few posts above, but a pity as it looks like I won't be getting any NHL game in the next few years as this isnt a priority for them :-(

btw.: found this cos I wanted to compare if anything has improved a bit at least last few years:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aces-list.html

Doesn't seem like it...
This is another one of the frustrating things. We have the people who can/will do it themselves...and no good means to do it.

The faces in the game, even the ones they've made, are pretty underwhelming half the time. And we're stuck still picking from pre-made faces like it's early 2000's.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #74
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
This is another one of the frustrating things. We have the people who can/will do it themselves...and no good means to do it.

The faces in the game, even the ones they've made, are pretty underwhelming half the time. And we're stuck still picking from pre-made faces like it's early 2000's.
Also they make it sounds like it takes really a lot of work, is it really that time consuming, like in nba 2k users can scan their own faces in 5 mins time.

Btw has anyone been added by roster updates through out the season?

Sent from my GEM-702L using Operation Sports mobile app

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 02-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Greeting from Finland! A new writer here.

I just recently bought NHL 17 and was again disappointed in player's faces. Most of them looking like themselves. For me that's a part of the experience that the players look like their real life counterparts.

What I've done is that I've created new players and try to make them look like themselves as much it is possible with the tools given. I was actually surprised with how little effort was actually needed to make them look like at least little more like themselves.

The next step is to replace the existing players with the ones I've created. In order to avoid double players appearing from the Free agents lists to other teams, I've moved the originals to Extraleague in Czech republic. I've basically created the who Florida Panthers team again to make my gaming experience better.

There are couple of downsides and the first one is losing their profile pic, but that's not a big deal to me as long as the players on the ice look more like themselves. The second one is that the annoncers don't necessarily know the players name, but I've just given them the closest possible if the game lacks the right one.

If it's so hard to EA scan player faces and improve our gaming experience, I'd suggest to give the players the option to edit the players in-game or at least give us a chance to use the existing player's profile pics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #76
Rookie

Wow, so many spelling mistakes in my earlier post. You should never walk and try to text with your phone. Is it possible to edit your posts somehow?
Old 02-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsomeJohnny
Greeting from Finland! A new writer here.

I just recently bought NHL 17 and was again disappointed in player's faces. Most of them looking like themselves. For me that's a part of the experience that the players look like their real life counterparts.

What I've done is that I've created new players and try to make them look like themselves as much it is possible with the tools given. I was actually surprised with how little effort was actually needed to make them look like at least little more like themselves.

The next step is to replace the existing players with the ones I've created. In order to avoid double players appearing from the Free agents lists to other teams, I've moved the originals to Extraleague in Czech republic. I've basically created the who Florida Panthers team again to make my gaming experience better.

There are couple of downsides and the first one is losing their profile pic, but that's not a big deal to me as long as the players on the ice look more like themselves. The second one is that the annoncers don't necessarily know the players name, but I've just given them the closest possible if the game lacks the right one.

If it's so hard to EA scan player faces and improve our gaming experience, I'd suggest to give the players the option to edit the players in-game or at least give us a chance to use the existing player's profile pics.
Absolutely. If the player has a scan then EA can "lock" the players face so that it can't be changed. If the player doesn't have their real life face in the game, the face should be unlocked so that we can choose from the alternative creation zone faces to reassign players more accurate faces, as well as hair and hair color.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:39 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Absolutely. If the player has a scan then EA can "lock" the players face so that it can't be changed. If the player doesn't have their real life face in the game, the face should be unlocked so that we can choose from the alternative creation zone faces to reassign players more accurate faces, as well as hair and hair color.
Yeah, just like that! That would for sure make the game better for me. Because I think I have succeeded well of making the Panthers team. I you guys want to test my creations I'm happy to share them with you and also I'm willing to know if you guys have ones (and how to make them!)
Old 02-20-2017, 09:59 AM   #79
Rookie

Okay, a big issue appeared. Dunno why, but the original players keep appearing to my AHL team eventhough moved to Europe before starting the season.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #80
Pro

The only place you can move them is international rosters. Like Austria and Denmark. All of the other leagues are vaguely incorporated in franchise mode. You could, alternatively, edit all of their ratings down to be like 40 overall and dump them in free agents where no team will sign them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »