Home

Player switching

This is a discussion on Player switching within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2016, 01:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Player switching

Its been terrible for years. You try to switch to a certain player to stop a play from developing, it switches you to a totally random teammate. You see a one timer about to happen and want to switch to a player near the net to stop it, instead it switches you to a guy juts coming onto the ice from the bench, CPU teammate stands in front of the net and stares off into the crowd while the puck goes by him.

Will they ever allow manual switching in this game? Or will EA just continue to ignore obvious problems with their game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Player switching

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
Its been terrible for years. You try to switch to a certain player to stop a play from developing, it switches you to a totally random teammate. You see a one timer about to happen and want to switch to a player near the net to stop it, instead it switches you to a guy juts coming onto the ice from the bench, CPU teammate stands in front of the net and stares off into the crowd while the puck goes by him.

Will they ever allow manual switching in this game? Or will EA just continue to ignore obvious problems with their game.
Also, the player that is being switched to by hitting X is not highlighted on the ice !!! Does this happen for everybody else too or just me ??!!

Last edited by briguy4747; 08-02-2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: one error
Old 08-02-2016, 11:20 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I don't know about previous versions, but NHL2016 does have manual switching.

With your stick (can't remember if it's left or right) you point to the player you want and press the trigger button, that player will become active. It has helped my defense game tremendously by blocking shots and intercepting passes or shots on net.

Last edited by jack72; 08-02-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:00 PM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack72
I don't know about previous versions, but NHL2016 does have manual switching.

With your stick (can't remember if it's left or right) you point to the player you want and press the trigger button, that player will become active. It has helped my defense game tremendously by blocking shots and intercepting passes or shots on net.
It's the R stick - hold R2/RT and move the R stick to manually select defenders.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »