Home

The NHL 17 sliders

This is a discussion on The NHL 17 sliders within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #65
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The NHL 17 sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
Hey Grim! Great to see you still visit these boards. I am interested in checking out what sort of game we can tease out of various slider settings, just have to find the time to do so. I will wait another week or so and then will probably purchase it if no warts show up.

Ditto, old mate! I always get a buzz seeing you in here. I'm reminded of far simpler times when we could call pointy-headed mods with string arms for what they were, and then go play some hockey.

haha

I think I'm gonna buy it this weekend and start up an Oilers franchise! I'll let you know how I get on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
Ditto, old mate! I always get a buzz seeing you in here. I'm reminded of far simpler times when we could call pointy-headed mods with string arms for what they were, and then go play some hockey.

haha

I think I'm gonna buy it this weekend and start up an Oilers franchise! I'll let you know how I get on.
Man I am stoked for the Oilers this year, I think they have a good shot at the play-offs. Will probably check out their new building this season and go see a game.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #67
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

Quote:
Man I am stoked for the Oilers this year, I think they have a good shot at the play-offs. Will probably check out their new building this season and go see a game.
If Connor stays healthy and some of those young guys control the blueline, playoffs for sure. either way the future is bright!

I've been watching the world cup ... rogers place looks unreal!

Got the game y'day, and played 4 or 5 eight min periods ... i'm really liking it so far with Alto's sliders.

cycling the puck, working for shots is pure joy. and hard. really hard.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
If Connor stays healthy and some of those young guys control the blueline, playoffs for sure. either way the future is bright!

I've been watching the world cup ... rogers place looks unreal!

Got the game y'day, and played 4 or 5 eight min periods ... i'm really liking it so far with Alto's sliders.

cycling the puck, working for shots is pure joy. and hard. really hard.
That sounds promising man. Does it seem to have a good flow to it? I hear that it plays better defensively as well, control look good to you?
Old 09-17-2016, 02:42 AM   #69
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

Quote:
That sounds promising man. Does it seem to have a good flow to it? I hear that it plays better defensively as well, control look good to you?
It does have a great flow to it. The cpu can really lock it in the zone on the forecheck. You can skate it sometimes or pass it out depending on what the AI gives you. It's really dynamic like that, it seems like there's no money plays or moves ... You have to really think your way out of your zone and up the ice. That's easily the best bit for me.

You really have to dump the puck and get your line changes going too. Big difference with tired skaters and fresh ones.

There's some real nice touches to the game. Like screened slapshots from the blueline. You genuinely leap out of your chair when you score as its hard work.

Small sample size of about 7-8 games and I'm only playing on pro as the oilers. I can imagine the cpu really stepping up defensively on all star ... But I'm not ready for that. I'm really struggling with passing the puck and moving it through the middle.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #70
Rookie

Are you using a slider base you got from Slider forum or tweaked your own...or tweaking a someone's base? With the amount of sliders, I could see my self testing/gauging/changing them constantly lol.

Alright well ****, I think I will buy this years NHL game. Probably today.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:47 PM   #71
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

Quote:
Are you using a slider base you got from Slider forum or tweaked your own...or tweaking a someone's base? With the amount of sliders, I could see my self testing/gauging/changing them constantly lol.

Alright well ****, I think I will buy this years NHL game. Probably today.

I was playing with altos up in the slider thread ... but i was struggling to be competitive, let alone win. It's bee a few years since i've played hockey (been gong mad with fifa), so i'm having to re learn playing. I'll wait until i improve before i touch the sliders, but i'm already getting a head full ideas about what i'll change.

the biggest thing will be working out the thresholds of how many clicks you need before you see the sliders taking effect.

I've gone back to pro default (but kept alto's penalty sliders, otherwise you see none), full sim sliders, and am having a ball. The CPU does a great job (without feeling cheesey) in taking your go to moves away.

i'm playing like real hockey. lots of dump ins, lots of taking the pass away rather then just crunching them with a check. the CPU is dumping it in, they're cycling the puck, they're crashing the net.

seems to be as much fun as it is strategic, which has always been the balance EA hasn't had much idea about.

Last edited by FluffyTonka; 09-19-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 07:27 AM   #72
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Alright, I set my sliders once, twice, then three times. It feels good for a game or two, then it goes back to feeling different and not how it should like years past.

UGH, no matter what, I don't touch a thing. I go and look at the settings/sliders and it says unsaved custom preset. Why does this change when I have not touched anything or changed anything (not even controls, camera, etc, nothing).

Just getting frustrating and may just be another year at a default slider level.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »