Home

NHL 17 Create-a-Team

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Create-a-Team within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2016, 02:03 AM   #25
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 Create-a-Team

This may sound like a piddling little worry, but it's one of those tiny details that gets on me like that scab you can't stop picking...but for Quebec, does the play-by-play call the city name "Quebec" or "Quebec City"? Because I'm dreading that the play-by-play calls the team the "Quebec City Nordiques." One of those little things that sinks the realism.

Anyone notice if the fleur-de-lys is available for a secondary logo? What about any Quebec-relevant goal songs?

(I've given up on hoping for French PA announcers or bilingual announcers in Montreal...again, it's just one of those little things that adds to the atmosphere).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #26
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Is it possible to make expansion team of sorts. Like if you take players from another team then start franchise will there be duplicate players?
Old 09-28-2016, 03:44 PM   #27
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox59
This may sound like a piddling little worry, but it's one of those tiny details that gets on me like that scab you can't stop picking...but for Quebec, does the play-by-play call the city name "Quebec" or "Quebec City"? Because I'm dreading that the play-by-play calls the team the "Quebec City Nordiques." One of those little things that sinks the realism.
I believe it's just "Quebec". What's funny though is that "Nordiques" is not in the commentary team names, yet plenty of other classic team names are (Whalers, North Stars, etc.). There is a "No Dekes" commentary team name, which sounds very close and makes me wonder if there was some sort of legal complication in using the Nordiques name.

Quote:
Anyone notice if the fleur-de-lys is available for a secondary logo?
It is not, nor is there a Quebec-styled jersey template. You'll have to go with the whole "rebranding" theme and pretend you're creating a new version of the Nordiques.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:37 AM   #28
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

@Turbojugend:
One would think so. Last year I recall there was still some speculation if Quebec would get an expansion together with Las Vegas. It could be that the name was being resreved by EA/NHL in case the team returned?

I dont have any other ideas beside trademark issues and/or naming rights. But then both the Whalers and the North Stars are in, so what do I know?
Old 10-05-2016, 03:24 AM   #29
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

Are the pro stadiums the only ones available for base architecture? Can we use any of the smaller CHL-type stadiums?

Anyone know if there's a cap on how many created players you can make?
Old 10-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Are the pro stadiums the only ones available for base architecture? Can we use any of the smaller CHL-type stadiums?

Anyone know if there's a cap on how many created players you can make?
I just finished creating my roller hockey team.
It took a while. I think you can only use the pro rinks. I didn't see an option for smaller ones, but I may have missed it because I wanted to get it done quick.

As for players. This process sucks, because you have to create each guy, instead of editing random players names.

So I created like 20 skaters and 2 goalies in about an hour. I only changed a couple attributes, so all guys I made suck. I just wish ea would allow you to edit players names in this game. It would've made it a lot easier. Or maybe have a created player come with a varied set of attributes instead of all 50's
Old 10-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #31
Rookie

hock0413's Arena

OVR: 3

A few people brought it up but it was never answered. I'm on the fence about buying nhl, and my deciding factor is sadly if you can change the Wild to the North Stars. Can anyone with the game answer if you can? Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #32
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hock0413
A few people brought it up but it was never answered. I'm on the fence about buying nhl, and my deciding factor is sadly if you can change the Wild to the North Stars. Can anyone with the game answer if you can? Thanks in advance!
I made a very spiffy North Stars team from their green-yellow-black days and used their 1967 jersey as an alternate. Best part is that one of the pants templates features the stars on the side. You can sub them for the Wild when you start your franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »