Home

NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2016, 08:04 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
its 2017. youd think we would have an NHL tonite type nitely highlite show or something by now.
I remember nhl 1993 had this
This. Oh Lord, this x 100000.

I would love to hear the explanation as to how a 25YO video game could have out of town highlights on a 16-bit system but the new hardware can't.

On a different note, I haven't played the GM mode on any NHL game for a long time.
I've heard that the scouting, drafting and general CPU AI is really poor in NHL 16.
Good prospects are UFA's after 2 seasons.
Scouting makes almost no difference in getting detailed information on a prospect.
And I read somewhere that certain regions will stop producing prospects after 3 or 4 seasons.

Can anyone provide more information on that?
Hopefully some of this stuff is fixed for '17.
I really like the additions to the Franchise Mode. It would be a shame of bugs prevented me from having a good time with it.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #34
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
This. Oh Lord, this x 100000.

I would love to hear the explanation as to how a 25YO video game could have out of town highlights on a 16-bit system but the new hardware can't.

On a different note, I haven't played the GM mode on any NHL game for a long time.
I've heard that the scouting, drafting and general CPU AI is really poor in NHL 16.
Good prospects are UFA's after 2 seasons.
Scouting makes almost no difference in getting detailed information on a prospect.
And I read somewhere that certain regions will stop producing prospects after 3 or 4 seasons.

Can anyone provide more information on that?
Hopefully some of this stuff is fixed for '17.
I really like the additions to the Franchise Mode. It would be a shame of bugs prevented me from having a good time with it.
I like what I have seen so far, especially how your decisions and performance can impact attendance. I think additions like these add some immersion.

I would have loved to see some work on the scouting, drafting, player development, and off-season stuff too. After actual gameplay, those are what matter most to me. They are the lifeblood of a franchise or gm mode.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #35
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Fun bells and whistles. Nice. I'm all for making the GM mode experience more customizable and unique. Not what I want to see improved in the game though. Until the teammate and opponent AI makes significant strides forward, NHL games are going to be a no-buy for me. Or like past games, buy them later in the year at a steep discount (IE: $20 or under for a used copy).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 10:38 AM   #36
Just started!

Angry Re: NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details

Ea -sports has a problem with allowing you more freedom to play with more than one owner. THE NHL HAS 30 SOON to be 31 franchises . Why in the name of God would they keep not adding that to the game is crazy I have to play the red wings only as my franchise for 25 years. Dumb move ea last year like having the option to many teams as I want in season mode and you got rid off that. Why would you add the whole madden package but not that part of it?
Old 08-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #37
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Some of you sound like entitled little brats. Seriously...I want this, I want that, me, me, me...give it a rest. It's pathetic.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:39 AM   #38
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I will make it my mission to relocate every franchise I'm given the keys to.
Ha, Money the hockey supervillain and scourge of fans everywhere!

I'm on the fence with this stuff. I can appreciate adding depth to the mode, but I'm more interested in the hockey operations than the business ops. I can see where one will affect the other in the game, but I'd prefer more work be done to flesh out the GM duties (and some bleed into coaching I guess):
  • Coach and staff affect team performance (eg, ratings +/- based on coach/staff attributes)
  • Training camp and daily practice focus/frequency for additional bonus/penalties (eg, more practice means more fatigue and injury risk but increases ratings more, etc)
  • Unique coaches with strategy/styles of play that affect gameplay (eg, a defensive-minded coached team plays the 1-4) and "coaching carousel" system
  • More robust scouting & development features
  • Tightening up AI GM logic so teams buy/sell at deadline and prioritize rebuilding/contending dynamically

Last edited by Qb; 08-10-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #39
Rookie

I found this question interesting

Are Franchise Mode and Be a GM one and the same? Or can you play Be a GM without having to manage all the new particulars?

Answer:Our Be A GM mode has evolved into Franchise Mode as we have now added the business and management side of the hockey world. You can select auto assign and let the AI manage your teams business aspects and continue to focus on the running of your team in Franchise Mode.

Andy AgostiniAssociate Producer

Old 08-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #40
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Some of you sound like entitled little brats. Seriously...I want this, I want that, me, me, me...give it a rest. It's pathetic.
All due respect, but wanting for better AI in game isn't wrong. And better contract and free agent negotiations, things GMs actually handle on a day-to-day basis is not outside of the realm of reality.

I think these new inclusions have the potential to be fun, but at the same time, people shouldn't be criticized for thinking that these are all a bit of putting lipstick on a pig.

I think there's a good chance that the new sliders could help a bit, but honestly, if the game plays like it did last year, I don't know that I would buy it either. I just couldn't get into that. If you did, that's awesome. But, I don't think people should be chided for wanting more done to the part of the game they play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »