Home

NHL 17 Info Packet

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Info Packet within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
NHL 17 Info Packet

As many of you who have been kicking around the forum for a few years now might remember, it has become my custom to do an Information Packet for each iteration of EA's NHL franchise. I write up a list of problems within the game pertaining to offline gameplay and certain modes, such as Be A GM. Then I pass the packet on to the GameChangers in the hope that they will convey it to the developers. The goal is to have the developers see clear, important feedback on the game, that might not be provided otherwise (now that DJ NEO has become a GC, we offline folk have a good line to that effect).

This year, I want to do something different. I have been less in-tune with the development cycle this year and I expect to not be able to put out a comprehensive packet quickly enough after the release of NHL 17; my packet last year came very quickly after the release of '16, which I believe caused a drop in its quality. To that end, this year I want the packet to be a compilation from the folk on OS, with myself as editor and redactor. Rather than having everyone send in a complete packet, I'd be quite grateful if people could take the time to send in the results of their efforts on 1-2 things. All I ask is that the writing be well thought out and as unbiased as possible. Certain people will focus on certain things: for example, Simple Mathematics is more dedicated to roster editing than I am, and so his assessment of that facet of the game will be better than mine could be.

My request is simple: during these last few weeks of NHL 16, take a look back at some of your biggest problems and satisfactions with the game, ensuring that you have a solid background for NHL 17. When NHL 17 comes out, spend a couple days getting to know the game and focusing on the aspect you want to write about. The goal is to send in the packet quickly, so that the dev team, if it gets to them as it should, will have maximum time with it.

Thanks to all. Any support for the project, either direct or indirect, is much appreciated. Here's looking forward to another year of hockey gaming.

NHL 15 Packet
NHL 16 Packet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 17 Info Packet

I havent read your packets, sorry, but im guessing you can probably just rename 16 to 17 and most of your work would be done. 😏 same could probably be said about the wishlist threads

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Great stuff Adam. I will gladly contribute. And as you guessed, it will probably be about rosters.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:37 PM   #4
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

A little more clarification on several things:

17 releases Tuesday, September 13th. I'd be very happy to get early submissions by Sunday the 18th, but the target for the majority of submissions will be Tuesday the 20th; packet will be released sometime that week. For those who aren't getting the game that early, I'll put up some info for streams of the game and whatnot. Just because you don't have the game does not mean you shouldn't submit things—ideas for modes, longterm gameplay problems, and further suggestions should definitely be sent in. The more the better.

I'd also love to do more during the year, such as a YT channel, or a different article every week or so analyzing some component of the game, but that's all still up in the air and hardly certain. Help and encouragement for that would be incredibly appreciated as well—feel free to post or PM if you're interested.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Since so many seem to have the game so far, I guess it's not too early to accept submissions! PM me that you are interested in sending something, and I'll send you my email in reply.

Seeing a lot of great things so far, and that EA did a good job listening to beta fixes—so these too should carry weight!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »