Home

Old 09-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #225
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 17 Impressions

I've got to be honest when I first started it up, the gameplay felt the exact same as NHL 16 to me and I played that game a ton. At most, the players feel a little less "floaty" and there are front of the net battles.

Feels like the same game as NHL 16 gameplay wise. Not saying that's bad because I love the NHL video game franchise but I just was expecting a little bit more.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #226
Pro

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Penalties! Power Plays! Penalty Killing!
Old 09-13-2016, 07:58 PM   #227
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM938
I've got to be honest when I first started it up, the gameplay felt the exact same as NHL 16 to me and I played that game a ton. At most, the players feel a little less "floaty" and there are front of the net battles.

Feels like the same game as NHL 16 gameplay wise. Not saying that's bad because I love the NHL video game franchise but I just was expecting a little bit more.
Couldn't disagree more. You should try al titos sliders...
Old 09-13-2016, 08:12 PM   #228
MVP

OVR: 15

franchise mode is disappointing so far.
no boxscores to view in previous games played.

also why cant this game have a league leaders section?
you have to cycle through a bunch of crap to get leaders in each stat
Old 09-13-2016, 08:35 PM   #229
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

If someone doesnt touch sliders i can see how they feel its the same as 16 after these patches but before the patch totally different game .

You definitely need sliders now to get a good game, so online we are at EAs mercy. online is not much fun at the moment goalies are terrible and defense has a the glide back not as bad as 16 but no where near the beta.

Frustrates me. way to many changes and never a reason why.
Its like they cater to every gripe.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #230
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM938

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Couldn't disagree more. You should try al titos sliders...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
If someone doesnt touch sliders i can see how they feel its the same as 16 after these patches but before the patch totally different game .

You definitely need sliders now to get a good game, so online we are at EAs mercy. online is not much fun at the moment goalies are terrible and defense has a the glide back not as bad as 16 but no where near the beta.

I take back my critique of the patch. I figured out what was causing the cpu d ai to be poor. I noticed that when you decrease period length time the game becomes more open and arcadey, you have to play at 10 minute periods to get optimal AI.

w/ sliders the AI good enough to, in my mind, make this this the 2nd best sports game. 1) PES 17 2) NHL 17

NBA 2k isn't a game, it is more of a cut scene initiator -- it isn't good to play. Madden is still a floaty mess. FIFA is arcadey. MLB the show is, well, baseball -- which is a bore.

Last edited by Josam27o7; 09-13-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #231
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide

I totally agree. The patch ruined this game. It was so good right out of the box and then they go and ruin it. Offline I use ver 1.0. Online... Well...it's a lag fest and EA tuner...so...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #232
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Pardon my ignorance, are Connected Franchises back where you and a friend can play one Franchise, online together?

Not a guest on the same console, from 2 different houses, 2 different Live accounts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »