Home

Old 09-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #305
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 17 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynutees
Played about 30 EASHL games and the experience is awful. The only goals I see going in are weak wristers low that bounce off the goalie like his pads are a trampoline for some kind of shovelled in rebound. Or, if you just plow into the goalie without even shooting, the puck goes in 75% of the time, with no goalie interference. The old NHL 15 skate one direction and shoot cross body top shelf goes in 90% of the time.

Why on earth did they release a Beta and then change the entire game - without communication to the public - before release? In Canada, these games cost $90 with tax. Pretty criminal so I don't buy many games @ release anymore. MLB and NHL usually being the only ones. Was super pumped about the methodical NHL sim-style that the beta showcased. Game is utterly broken online at the moment.

There is relatively no difference in player builds besides checking/speed. My grinder can snipe the same cross-body garbage that the sniper can.

Also, is anyone else experiencing 30+ turnovers per game? Any time you are bumped, jostled, or remotely close to a spamming poke check you lose the puck. When you receive a pass and attempt to change directions it feel like you are skating in mud.

Not sure why I continue to put myself through this punishment each year of buying this game only to see some kind of online patch completely ruin the gameplay. Hopefully they read through this thread because it is littered with people who feel the same as we do (friends who have played club since '09 on x360) and they release a tuner that fixes some of this terrible garbage.

I don't play this game offline much because I enjoy the human v human competition - but i might give up on club and try some of these sliders and see how it goes.

/frustrated.
I'm with ya on the inexplicable changes to what was a great gameplay during the beta.

Really sad to see its affected EASHL too...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gerg04; 09-17-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #306
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tried online 6 vs 6. Both time the game got stuck at the first intermission. Eventually the connection was lost and the game ended. What the heck ?
Old 09-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #307
Rookie

RefMixture's Arena

Just my two cents...
I am pushing fifty and I have played just about every video hockey game known to man. I mainly play franchise mode so my opinion on the game will be directed thusly. So far I feel this is by far the best video hockey game ever. It should also rank in the top ten of all sport sim games. If you are on the fence about buying the game based on recent failed releases, don't be. This game is spot on.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #308
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I've been enjoying the game but it can be frustrating for sure. I mainly play offline on All-Star with a few slider tweaks here & there. I haven't went online yet but I see some complaining about how it plays. I think they should have used the full-sim style over competitive for online. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't NHL 16 use hardcore style for the online?
Old 09-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #309
MVP

OVR: 15

deflections need to be toned down.

there are way too many and they seem scripted. hopefully they fix this. shots should be slowed down after tips. not faster
Old 09-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #310
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
deflections need to be toned down.

there are way too many and they seem scripted. hopefully they fix this. shots should be slowed down after tips. not faster
Agreed. When I see a tip, it doesn't look or feel organic. There doesn't seem to be any physics involved.

The puck physics are still the best it's ever been in an EA game, but it still pales in comparison to what 2K had going on.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:47 PM   #311
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Agreed. When I see a tip, it doesn't look or feel organic. There doesn't seem to be any physics involved.

The puck physics are still the best it's ever been in an EA game, but it still pales in comparison to what 2K had going on.
I completely disagree, bud. Sounds like you may be glorifying the past a little bit.

But I do agree about the tips....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 05:27 AM   #312
Rookie

What bothers me still is that despite their efforts they did not fix goalies letting in weak dumb goals, no matter what goalie you have!

Also it's yet again hard to fix your defensive lineups. The AI is rarely lined up like in real life and you really have to switch from player to player to try and make them defend.

This was the main issue with NHL 15 and NHL 16 and it's still there... defending is poor in this game and we end up world class goalies having 4~ GAA.

Playing versus AI though you can fix this by learning the pattern, but online or say even offline, when there's a situation you really need your goalie to step up and win the game, it's not happening

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »