Home

NHL 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 09-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #49
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 17 Impressions

Holy ****, guys! I was a hardcore member of the community here for the glory years of NHL 09, 10. But NHL 11 onwards the game became super sloppy -- I tried the game every year, but disliked each new entry.

FINALLY, when you max out CPU difficulty, the CPU makes you feel under pressure. Makes you have to think about how to play. This is why NHL is FINALLY a game against the AI.

I am telling you guys, this game is no joke now. I'd say NHL 17 is now DEFINITELY better than Madden and Fifa. If you notice, everything in Madden and Fifa is SUPER FLOATY, players have no groundedness, no weight to them. You feel like you are controlling balloons. In NHL players have nice weight to them. The movement physics in NHL is light years ahead of FIFA and Madden.

When you combine the AI improvements with the weightiness of players -- these two aspects have created a lethal gameplay combination pushing NHL 17 boldly ahead of Madden and Fifa. This is why NHL now FEELS BETTER to play than Madden and Fifa. NHL 17 doesn't feel like an EA game, it almost feels like PES 17.

Last edited by Josam27o7; 09-07-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:42 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Holy ****, guys! I was a hardcore member of the community here for the glory years of NHL 09, 10. But NHL 11 onwards the game became super sloppy -- I tried the game every year, but disliked each new entry.

FINALLY, when you max out CPU difficulty, the CPU makes you feel under pressure. Makes you have to think about how to play. This is why NHL is FINALLY a game against the AI.

I am telling you guys, this game is no joke now. I'd say NHL 17 is now DEFINITELY better than Madden and Fifa. If you notice, everything in Madden and Fifa is SUPER FLOATY, players have no groundedness, no weight to them. You feel like you are controlling balloons. In NHL players have nice weight to them. The movement physics in NHL are light years ahead of FIFA and Madden.

When you combine the AI improvements with the weightiness of players -- these two aspects have created a lethal gameplay combination pushing NHL 17 boldly ahead of Madden and Fifa. This is why NHL now FEELS BETTER to play than Madden and Fifa. NHL 17 doesn't feel like an EA game, it almost feels like PES 17.
It feels better than Madden for sure, not sure about FIFA. This also plays similar to the beta, so I'd like to know what they worked on during that and release, just to see. It's good, definitely better then last 2 years.

Started up a Franchise and am not thrilled at what I've seen. Firstly, I cannot move my team to certain cities even with the setting for relocation guarantee on. Seems like Colorado can't move to Hartford no matter what. You also cannot edit your official stadium (at least it's greyed out for me).

I'd love to move a team at some point but the options for logos/jerseys are awful compared to official logos/jerseys.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #51
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49
Started up a Franchise and am not thrilled at what I've seen. Firstly, I cannot move my team to certain cities even with the setting for relocation guarantee on. Seems like Colorado can't move to Hartford no matter what. You also cannot edit your official stadium (at least it's greyed out for me).

I'd love to move a team at some point but the options for logos/jerseys are awful compared to official logos/jerseys.

Wonder if that has something to do with keeping Eastern teams in the east conference and vice versa

Here Come the Kids -- NHL18 Flyers Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 8

One simple question, does every team play the same?

The one, and most important aspect IMHO, when you compare FIFA to PES is that PES each game feels different depending on teams involved. You better play to your teams strengths and get ready to defend vs. the varied strategy of your opposition based on who they are.

NHL has NEVER replicated this, in fact its about as easy score with Tanner Glass as it is with Ovechkin if you can control the sticks....

Do the Devils play more board play and overload? Do the Flames take chances on defense to force turnovers? Do the Rangers play a possession game and utilize their speed?

Would love to hear about separation between the elite players and the 4th line fodder....
Old 09-07-2016, 10:53 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
Wonder if that has something to do with keeping Eastern teams in the east conference and vice versa
Will look into this tomorrow unless someone beats me too it. It makes a lot of sense.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:42 PM   #54
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Here is a tip, lower goalie save reaction during shootouts significantly. Unless you just love 18 round shootouts.

I don't.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:53 PM   #55
Rookie

Speaking of sliders, anyone else notice on Realistic preset some of the preset defaults make no sense for realistic? Puck Bounce reception is up too high, and most of the checking stuff feels wrong. I think speed/preparedness were really low for something important to be "realistic".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 01:46 AM   #56
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Here is a tip: make the game as sloppy as you can and enjoy. I just had the most organic hockey gaming experience of my life. The penalties need to be jacked it seems thus far, but I feel like I'm finding a sweet spot. Not perfect, but it's something completely different...looking forward to the challenge of finding a great slider set.

Gonna try to not play till the weekend so i don't eat up all my time.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 09-08-2016 at 01:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »