Home

NHL 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #657
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 17 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac3way
Yup, line changes is problem. They are too long, i mostly manual change, but for opponent CPU i havent found a fix.

Then sometimes players just dosent go to bench even if some players have already changed and they are skating near bench. Have to manual change and then rest of them change too.

Icing and mixed lines. There is change already supposed to be happening so i dump puck, but tired players still stays on ice and go to offensive end.

These are new problems for NHL 17, because line changes was pretty good at NHL 16.
I feel like line changes are just infuriatingly slow as well. I wish it was more like the NHL where guys changed at the same time, and actually hurried to get back into the play.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #658
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

The worst is when I go to pass to a player and he hops on the bench.. puck goes down for icing.. grrrrrr............
Old 03-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #659
Pro

OVR: 0

Yes the ice time of your own lines are horrible,also I think that the sharpness of the CPU at times is a bit over the top on all-star.

But I tried setting Fatigue to 90 and recovery to 80, and Ive sent a lot of changes in that department.
Shorter shifts.
Think it's ridiculous to have fatigue recovery at 40-45,that's pretty much how a unfit person recovers during a game.

Also lowered game speed to 1,acc to 20 and skating speed to around 20 game slows down,and I'm seeing loads of CPU errors,much more realistic game play.
most sliders I've tried has felt very arcade like,good bases but way to fast.
And I believe playing it on all star,you need to compensate HUM with the sliders,and the other way around on Pro
Plays very nice....finally

Xbox :ettnollbajen

Last edited by Ettnollbajen; 03-03-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:35 PM   #660
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
The worst is when I go to pass to a player and he hops on the bench.. puck goes down for icing.. grrrrrr............
Oh, that is my ultimate rage achiever.

I tried to get them to change lines 2 minutes ago, they wait, all leave the zone late, I bump into someone and lose the puck, it's now a 2 on 5 as I frantically get the puck back, I launch it down the ice, and the guy who's spent a minute skating into the boards in one place chooses that moment to jump over and let the puck sail by...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettnollbajen
Yes the ice time of your own lines are horrible,also I think that the sharpness of the CPU at times is a bit over the top on all-star.

But I tried setting Fatigue to 90 and recovery to 80, and Ive sent a lot of changes in that department.
Shorter shifts.
Think it's ridiculous to have fatigue recovery at 40-45,that's pretty much how a unfit person recovers during a game.

Also lowered game speed to 1,acc to 20 and skating speed to around 20 game slows down,and I'm seeing loads of CPU errors,much more realistic game play.
most sliders I've tried has felt very arcade like,good bases but way to fast.
And I believe playing it on all star,you need to compensate HUM with the sliders,and the other way around on Pro
Plays very nice....finally
That always makes me crazy. No matter what AI fatigue settings I use, the AI lines don't really seem to play any differently. I guess they're a little slower, but it's not like me catching them out there matters.

The weird part is that I've gone through three lines, all changing out because they start to get low on stamina, and the AI still has their first line out.

Then again, they're pretty weird in general. I put 4 goals up on Washington in the first 15 minutes of period one, and they never pulled the goaltender in Game 6 of the playoffs. Seemed a bit weird to me. Same for placing scoring lines out when they're down by a goal, and pulling the goalie when they desperately need to score.

Last edited by actionhank; 03-03-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:11 PM   #661
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Oh, that is my ultimate rage achiever.

I tried to get them to change lines 2 minutes ago, they wait, all leave the zone late, I bump into someone and lose the puck, it's now a 2 on 5 as I frantically get the puck back, I launch it down the ice, and the guy who's spent a minute skating into the boards in one place chooses that moment to jump over and let the puck sail by...

That always makes me crazy. No matter what AI fatigue settings I use, the AI lines don't really seem to play any differently. I guess they're a little slower, but it's not like me catching them out there matters.

The weird part is that I've gone through three lines, all changing out because they start to get low on stamina, and the AI still has their first line out.

Then again, they're pretty weird in general. I put 4 goals up on Washington in the first 15 minutes of period one, and they never pulled the goaltender in Game 6 of the playoffs. Seemed a bit weird to me. Same for placing scoring lines out when they're down by a goal, and pulling the goalie when they desperately need to score.
I hear you.
Yeah,i shuffled my lines at end of games to get the most def minded in to protect a lead,or getting my off top guys in to go for a draw/win.
Nothing!
And like you said,the no pull goalie for CPU,when trailing,having a offensive face off with 1:30 to go,same story.

Hopefully they'll patch it (lol) but my main issue has been ****ty game play that's sorted now with lowering off pace etc.
Guess I'll start over any ways now that they've released deadline roster.

One thought is to play pro level,but up everything for the CPU,including learning/difficulty to the max.
That could be good

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #662
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

My one gripe is players carrying the puck in 95 percent of the time with a herky jerky move. I can be near them playing the angle to cut them off but they just kinda stutter trying to make a decision instead of playing up and down hockey, moving the puck, and dumping it in if they get cut off.

Any ideas how to get this type of play from the cpu from the sliders?
Old 03-03-2017, 09:11 PM   #663
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
My one gripe is players carrying the puck in 95 percent of the time with a herky jerky move. I can be near them playing the angle to cut them off but they just kinda stutter trying to make a decision instead of playing up and down hockey, moving the puck, and dumping it in if they get cut off.

Any ideas how to get this type of play from the cpu from the sliders?
Tricky,if not impossible to fix that,it's been an issue for a long time.
If we had the possibility to edit CPU tactics to dump more,then it'll probably get better.
Maybe play a exhibition game,then edit CPU team and replay it.
Think you should be able to switch sides in exhibition mode.

One other thing I've noticed is the higher the CPU difficulty slider is set,the more insane herky jerkey moves they make before getting the puck in.
It's a gameplay issue,sadly

Old 03-04-2017, 10:12 AM   #664
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettnollbajen
Tricky,if not impossible to fix that,it's been an issue for a long time.
If we had the possibility to edit CPU tactics to dump more,then it'll probably get better.
Maybe play a exhibition game,then edit CPU team and replay it.
Think you should be able to switch sides in exhibition mode.

One other thing I've noticed is the higher the CPU difficulty slider is set,the more insane herky jerkey moves they make before getting the puck in.
It's a gameplay issue,sadly
Thanks I'll give that a go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »