Home

NHL 17: Quick Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 17: Quick Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 05:25 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 17: Quick Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I simmed a couple months into the season just to see if there were any new presentation elements. The announcers mentioned that the home games have been sell outs. I also love how both the commentators and presentation graphics mention how many goals a player has scored in the season. I also saw the graphic mentioned above about the next 3 games.
That sounds good.

Just to be absolutely certain, if Daniel Sedin has scored 12 goals in the course of a season, the first time he scores in the next game it will say D. Sedin (13) under the top left score box?

That's definitely been fixed? The new season goal graphics aren't just some incidental graphic during break in play ( 16 does that for points leaders ). Whenever a goal is scored, we know exactly how many goals the scorer has for the season?

Sorry for labouring the point but this is something I absolutely need to be certain about before making a purchase. Thanks.

EDIT: And to echo Jake's question below, is the total shown correctly in Season as well as Franchise?

Last edited by Therion7; 09-09-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:23 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm done wit hockey
Old 09-09-2016, 06:24 AM   #11
Rookie

Too many set backs in NHL series they need to get it right for once
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 06:25 AM   #12
Rookie

NBA 2k17 it is ! Bye
Old 09-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #13
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

/\
3 separate posts for 3 separate sentences....none that give anyone any insight into the game. Thanks for the spam. Bye.

Getting back on track. Has anyone tried regular season mode? Hoping all the little stat details are in their and not just franchise mode. I can't see why not. Can anyone confirm goal totals now accumulate during a season instead of each goal scored in a game listed as first?
Old 09-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13
Can anyone comment on the differentiation between players? This has been one of my big gripes with the NHL series over the years. Can you really feel the difference between a star and a 4th liner grinder? It kills franchise mode for me when everyone is too closely rated.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #15
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Yes the scoring overlays show running season totals, both in the graphic as they pass the bench and in the ticker.

There is player differentiation. There are ratings that specifically use player ratings to impact how much ratings matter when receiving a pass and a couple other things. The sliders have very thorough explanations and are clear as to which direction you should move them to get the desired effect. The way I had my sliders set, weaker players could hardly carry the puck without bobbling it eventually nor would they always receive passes cleanly....skilled guys were much better. So after all is said in done, player separation has sliders that impact the effect of their hands, size, balance ratings...on top of speed and shooting already being important.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Yes the scoring overlays show running season totals, both in the graphic as they pass the bench and in the ticker.

There is player differentiation. There are ratings that specifically use player ratings to impact how much ratings matter when receiving a pass and a couple other things. The sliders have very thorough explanations and are clear as to which direction you should move them to get the desired effect. The way I had my sliders set, weaker players could hardly carry the puck without bobbling it eventually nor would they always receive passes cleanly....skilled guys were much better. So after all is said in done, player separation has sliders that impact the effect of their hands, size, balance ratings...on top of speed and shooting already being important.
Great to hear!
Can you comment if those sliders also affect the CPU?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »