Home

NHL 17: Quick Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 17: Quick Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 11:54 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
On YouTube the Bruins goal horn is correct, but the music is absent. This wasn't an issue last year. Does anyone know if or why it isn't there?
Old 09-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #34
Rookie

Re: NHL 17: Quick Impressions

When you score do all the players celebrate together or is it still just 2 players?

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2016, 12:06 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by decefay
When you score do all the players celebrate together or is it still just 2 players?

just 2 players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 12:08 AM   #36
Rookie

Cant believe that its still that....its like the only thing holding me back from buying it

Old 09-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135
On YouTube the Bruins goal horn is correct, but the music is absent. This wasn't an issue last year. Does anyone know if or why it isn't there?
They do have Zombie Nation.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #38
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
People really weigh the quality of a game on the presentation?

I have completely different values as to what makes a good game as a lot of people.

All present.tation aspects get skipped 2 months after release. By a lot of people. All the time. For this fact, it's cool, but presentation means nothing to me.
I agree. The first thing I do before I start playing EASHL which is the only mode I will ever play in the game is go straight to presentation and sounds and turn the announcers volume on mute. This is a must for me as it's easier to focus on the game with hearing the sounds on the ice better when playing in the EASHL. This is a must for any human goalie in the EASHL.. it makes a difference if you can hear the sounds on the ice better. So most of the presentation stuff I can careless about.. but that's probably because I am an online ONLY EASHL player. I already got my game downloaded and ready to go. Can't wait to hit the ice online.. as the beta was the most addicting sports gaming experience I have had in awhile with friends. I could be wrong... but I think those who play a lot of offline and maybe only offline care a lot about the presentation and I would guess most others like myself who really only play EA hockey online hardly care about presentation. We only care about the gameplay... I don't care if the arena is generic like it is in the beta in EASHL for better network performance... if the gameplay is smooth and good.. that's all I need and will play the crap out of it.

Last edited by stevostl; 09-11-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
I could be wrong... but I think those who play a lot of offline and maybe only offline care a lot about the presentation and I would guess most others like myself who really only play EA hockey online hardly care about presentation. We only care about the gameplay...
I play a ton of offline but I'm actually with you. I could care less about presentation. What I care the most about is gameplay, and realistic stats. Everything else, who cares? I also find muting the announcers helps me play better. I like hearing the crowd, and the on ice sounds. Here's the thing about presentation...you can get the most authentic, crazy Doc "HE SCORESSSSSSS" call in the world, but once you've heard it a couple times, it's just background noise. Whereas, playing the game, every time you take the puck up the ice, it's always a bit different. Sure you can repeat a certain move often, but those are usually glitches. I prefer to play hockey like a real hockey game. Board battles, shot blocks, deflections, poke checks, net battles, rebounds, and the whole nine yards. If EA doesn't touch the graphics or presentation for the next 5 years and just focused on the gameplay the gameplay would be unbelievably awesome.

Hell, just look at the popularity of GTA. One new game every half decade, the up close facial graphics aren't all that great, yet people LOVE it. Why? THE GAMEPLAY.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #40
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
I play a ton of offline but I'm actually with you. I could care less about presentation. What I care the most about is gameplay, and realistic stats. Everything else, who cares? I also find muting the announcers helps me play better. I like hearing the crowd, and the on ice sounds. Here's the thing about presentation...you can get the most authentic, crazy Doc "HE SCORESSSSSSS" call in the world, but once you've heard it a couple times, it's just background noise. Whereas, playing the game, every time you take the puck up the ice, it's always a bit different. Sure you can repeat a certain move often, but those are usually glitches. I prefer to play hockey like a real hockey game. Board battles, shot blocks, deflections, poke checks, net battles, rebounds, and the whole nine yards. If EA doesn't touch the graphics or presentation for the next 5 years and just focused on the gameplay the gameplay would be unbelievably awesome.

Hell, just look at the popularity of GTA. One new game every half decade, the up close facial graphics aren't all that great, yet people LOVE it. Why? THE GAMEPLAY.
To each his own.. gameplay should be something that's always up front and the best it can be. People loved NFL 2k because of the halftime show and cuts to games in progress.

Look at NBA 2k with dynamic commentary this year and Madden how it can add commentary throughout the year. NHL needs to step up its game in these areas and quit doing stuff like concession prices/joe schmoe bobble head night.

Gameplay and presentation can go hand in hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »