Home

NHL 17 Goalie masks

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Goalie masks within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 03:04 AM   #1
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 17 Goalie masks

So you cant create your goalie masks this season, but there some pretty nice options for those of us who like to play Be a goalie or who have added interest in the art of the mask.

I found some videos showing off this years masks, and most of the teams have gotten an upgrade! Some teams have a third mask, which is now their primary mask (in some cases).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QzPG3gwj_U

Love the Nashville mask. And the Calgary mask is not half bad either.
Im sure Canadiens fans will be a bit bummed by their mask. But at least we get 2 new ones :-P

And if you just want some new looks check out this one for the ECHL goalie masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXxn53HHaWs

I think Wheeling Nailers goalie mask will be the one I use for my goalie. Its pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #2
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Re: NHL 17 Goalie masks

Yes they updated a lot of teams in the patch. Much needed and the new ones are more creative than the old ones. Hopefully a future patch will update the rest of the teams that did not get updates
Old 09-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

I can't believe they still have the Rangers mask from 2005 in there. They haven't even worn the liberty jerseys since Reebok started making the jerseys.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:03 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm a big fan of the little things that make games more immersive. Madden getting equipment and shoes this year, mlb the show getting authentic equipment last year, all the NBA 2k shoes. That being said I understand the licensing issues with have authentic goalie masks but the mask designs have been generally horrible . These new ones are definetly a step in the right direction.

The robust relocation feature seems like a step away from where 2k is at now and having a logo importer seems like an obvious next step. It would be super cool if they included a create a mask feature. Community creations would undoubtedly be exceptional.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:31 AM   #5
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

I think Goalie masks at least being looked at and given some new designs is a nice start.
But more freedom of choice would be nice.
Even though some masks in NHL 17 sports a more original look, akin to what you can find in the NHL and other leagues; some are just team bumper-stickers.
Look at the Panthers or Canadiens. I like the new Habs mask but to be honest it is a bit repetitive to mash all the logos on a mask.

On the other hand: When I play goalie, I normally find another team mask that is outside the league and use that as a more "original" mask for my players. This year I will use the ECHL masks for sure.
I will use the Gladiators for Senators mask, The Everblades gator-themed mask is something I would use for a Wild goalie or Canucks, and the Stingray mask for the Sharks as an alternate.
And this is before you add in the created teams.

Some of those teams masks look pretty nice. I have yet to see something on the euro-leagues other than what was last years masks. I hope those are upgraded as well.

And for Norways sake EA Sports: We do have more than 2 teams in our league. Where is Storhamar Dragons? Stjernen? Sparta Sarpsborg?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #6
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

I was hoping there would be some kind of bare bones mask maker/editor to go along with the create-A-team.

Its hard to find masks for certain color combinations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »