Home

Offline players, here are some tips...

This is a discussion on Offline players, here are some tips... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 04:42 AM   #1
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Offline players, here are some tips...

So I went ahead and purchased the game on Xbox Live and was awarded more time with what seems to be a more complete version than the trial version. It seems more refined and is calling more players by their name, like Colton Parayko for example.

I'm going to give you some information and tips that'll save you an immense amount of time.

I've about nailed down my sliders and in my opinion, I've never been more impressed with a hockey game. The player separation and gameplay I've achieved is remarkable. It's not a perfect game, but it's getting there. If one chose to pass up on this game because of some weak sauce piddly reason, I'd say they're missing out big time.

First off, for those who love presentation, while it's not where it could be--its definitely better. The pregame analysis is more on point and although more season stat banners would be nice, there are more. Also, showing running season goal totals is a ridiculously welcome prodigal son. I no longer have the feeling I'm just playing a bunch of disconnected PLAY NOW games on a calender which was 90 percent of the reason I couldn't finish a season last year. That said, if the gameplay was this good last year, that may have been different.

The gameplay is amazing. I'll continue on the next post...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 04:46 AM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Re: Offline players, here are some tips...

I'll go into gameplay when I get up tomorrow...typing this on my phone is laborious and the tips I'm going to share...well, I wanna do it from the computer.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

good to hear, as Im 100% offline gamer.
Cant wait to get this game.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

OVR: 0

Good stuff. This really has me hyped up and from all I've been hearing I am pretty much geared up to purchase it tomorrow. I was originally not planning on buying until I had heard reviews and seen some gameplay but most of the posters on this forum just about have me sold. I just can't pass up on the 100 point sliders. I wish I had an Xbox so I could try it this past weekend. Will you by chance be sharing your sliders or nah?
Old 09-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wait, are you saying when you score in franchise it tells you what # goal it is on the season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 03:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialAssassin
Wait, are you saying when you score in franchise it tells you what # goal it is on the season?
Yeah, it does. I've seen it it Millennium's stream. They finally fixed it.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #7
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Sorry guys, its been a busy Monday. I'll do this tonight and yes, I'll share my sliders eventually. Still hammering out some things. But tonight I will disclose which sliders to focus on regarding player separation. Be sure to read the slider explanations in the game because there are some that effect the magnitude of individual player ratings in a given scenario--and they work.

I don't have much time, but let's put it this way; scrubs suck, make bad passes, can't skate without losing the puck while my good players aren't perfect but are on a whole different skill level. Oh, and don't screw around on the pk...cpu is deadly on the power play. Actually, its really fun playing the cpu, AI has noticeably improved...like a ton, imo.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #8
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Sorry guys, its been a busy Monday. I'll do this tonight and yes, I'll share my sliders eventually. Still hammering out some things. But tonight I will disclose which sliders to focus on regarding player separation. Be sure to read the slider explanations in the game because there are some that effect the magnitude of individual player ratings in a given scenario--and they work.

I don't have much time, but let's put it this way; scrubs suck, make bad passes, can't skate without losing the puck while my good players aren't perfect but are on a whole different skill level. Oh, and don't screw around on the pk...cpu is deadly on the power play. Actually, its really fun playing the cpu, AI has noticeably improved...like a ton, imo.
Great, can't wait to read! I'm quite interested in the sliders, as they are essentially the only reason I'm picking up this years version. Unfortunately I also just don't have the same time that I used to have to really poke around, so any tips are quite welcome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »